Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The LSAT ingrains itself long term

LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
in General 4850 karma

I have not given the LSAT a second thought since getting my September score, however it popped back up today. I went on a field trip with my daughter’s school to an Indian mound historical site. The introductory video talked about the early impact of corn in their society. I immediately wondered what impact it had on their tooth health (Dental Caries) and whether soybeans would have been a better option (team #soybeans).

Comments

• akrieglerakriegler Alum Member
    edited October 2018 245 karma

That is great! A few days ago I read an article on the Apple News app that said “farmers had been frustrated with weak corn and soybean prices”. I immediately started thinking about the September exam and HAD to screen shot it.

• Ellie0257Ellie0257 Member
    200 karma

Haha that’s awesome! Yes, go team soybeans!!!

• sic parvis magnasic parvis magna Alum Member
    170 karma

darn those stupid dental caries passages. the mere sight of carbs gave me shivers for a week afterwards

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

laughed at dental caries

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited October 2018 1804 karma

It's been about 12 hours, and no one mentioned the rubisco passage (which mentions maize, or corn)? What's going on?

(I still remember the first time I read that passage. I breezed through the first paragraph. Then came the opening words of the second paragraph -- "To obtain the hydrogen..." -- at which point I thought, "F***!")

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

hahaha It's so odd that the LSAT seems to love returning to the same arbitrary topics.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I read things all the time that I think could be explored on the LSAT. You're totally right, the exam stays with us! lol
    https://www.economist.com/democracy-in-america/2018/10/01/an-endangered-frog-takes-centre-stage-at-the-supreme-court
    "ephemeral ponds"

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Remember, it's all about the cariogenic nature of a carb! Corn is highly cariogenic! Stick to rice or whole grains.

Unfortunately for team soybean, trade war tariffs are devastating.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

@Bamboosprout said:
    Remember, it's all about the cariogenic nature of a carb! Corn is highly cariogenic! Stick to rice or whole grains.

ROTFL

• LawSkewlProbsLawSkewlProbs Alum Member
    103 karma

The LSAT shall liveth in all of us!!! Forever!!!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

@Bamboosprout said:

ROTFL

Seriously though, I really feel the effects of LSAT in a lot of my daily life. I read a lot for fun and for work, and I find myself noticing flaws EVERYWHERE, and focusing on structure and attitudes. Hahahaha