Best Lawgeek Movies/Shows

2»

Comments

• lsatmantaraylsatmantaray Free Trial Member
    46 karma
    Not movies, books but The Testament by John Grisham, pretty much everything authored by Lisa Scottoline, The First Counsel by Brad Meltzer, and Home Front and Night Road by Kristin Hannah a former lawyer.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Does House of Cards qualify as a legal tv series? lolz...but I do love that show!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Obviously outside the immediate realm of movies and shows but the entire Ace Attorney series is an awesome video game series. I think the original trilogy is in iOS.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @danielznelson omg I was thinking the same thing
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    edited December 2015 592 karma
    I used to work in television before I decided to pursue law school, and ironically a lot of the script coverage I had to do dealt with legal procedurals and serialized shows . Suits is fun.. but a tad cookie cutter.. kinda like a legal Entourage. Veep is amazing, great comedy, but it's geared more towards politics than law. Law and Order is a great primer on life as a lawyer and the justice system in general, but it's a tad too bland for my taste. How to get away with Murder was surprisingly good, and although it's premise entails a rather exaggerated look at how dark law school can be, it's still pretty entertaining.. especially for us on here as the story begins with 4 students entering their first year of law school. But imho, The Good Wife is not only the best legal drama on TV, it's also one of the best shows on television in general. There is a reason five different people have received emmys for their work on that show. Fantastic writing, brilliant acting bolstered by a top notch cast, intriguing cases, and it also offers the most plausible account of the difficulties and adjustments one has to make in their life, and their relationships within it to succeed at a top law firm. For those of you guys out there who are worried this is a "chick show," you're making a big mistake, it definitely isn't. I Think CBS hurt their chances at a wider audience by calling the series "The Good Wife", but that's probably a discussion to have on a different forum lol. Ok rant over, now go watch Alicia in action!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @180orBust What I would give for Alicia's demeanor - listen, pause and then succinctly respond (& if necessary with sarcasm:)
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    edited December 2015 320 karma
    Had no idea they made a film on this.
  • tbram519tbram519 Alum Member
    77 karma
    My favorite lawyer movie ever is A Time to Kill. A young Matthew McConaughey,
    Samuel L. Jackson, Sandra Bullock, and Kevin Spacey. Probably one of my favorite movies, overall.

West Wing is my favorite show, and The Wire is fantastic also.