Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official April 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

13»

Comments

• akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member
    89 karma

Guys, I have now considered it a given that I won't be able to sleep well the night before the test day. Any previous advice on how to sleep tight before the test day would be much appreciated! Also, when is the June test ready for registration?

• @akitagogo understanding what you can and cannot control helped me relax, sleep, and stay calm. You have studied hard, put in the work, and exhausted yourself preparing for this exam; you've done all you can control.

The content on the exam is out of your control. While uncertainty is nerve-wracking, you have taken the steps necessary within your control to prepare. You are not simply taking the LSAT tomorrow, you are attacking it. You've studied and created strategies to set the conditions for yourself to win. While you don't know the exact questions you're going to see, you are taking the test on your terms thanks to the preparation, not the LSATs. You're well prepared and should be confident in your preparation and yourself. You can do this.

• Lschmitt07196Lschmitt07196 Yearly Member
    28 karma

I started studying hard for the lsat around thanksgiving of last year. On the February test, I was skeptical about how well I did and to my surprise I got a 162 (a competitive score at most of my target schools). The past 2 months, I had been consistently pt’ing in the 159-164 range so I went into the April test thinking I could maybe do a little better or at least show that the first one wasn’t a fluke. I initially felt good about how I did, so I was extremely shocked and disappointed to see that on my second test I got a 155... I don’t know what the fuck happened. Should I take it a third time? Should I cut my losses and just say it was a bad day? Any advice is appreciated.

• kylaperreaultkylaperreault Core Member
    15 karma

Feeling disappointed today - was scoring around the 160-163 mark on PT’s and logged in this morning to a 157 April test score. Will be retaking in June as I need a 160 at least for my target schools. This was my first time taking it, and I signed up for score preview. What are everyone’s thoughts on keeping or canceling the score? Not sure what to do! Also any tips on staying motivated to keep studying for another month??? Ugh!!!

• hannahe.askewhannahe.askew Member
    30 karma

@kylaperreault said:
    Feeling disappointed today - was scoring around the 160-163 mark on PT’s and logged in this morning to a 157 April test score. Will be retaking in June as I need a 160 at least for my target schools. This was my first time taking it, and I signed up for score preview. What are everyone’s thoughts on keeping or canceling the score? Not sure what to do! Also any tips on staying motivated to keep studying for another month??? Ugh!!!

I was scoring around 165-172 consistently and got a 160 on April. I'm not happy with my score because I know I am capable of scoring higher. However, I'm not cancelling my score because I figured that I either 1) do better on my next LSAT, or 2) GOD FORBID I get a lower score on a future test but cancelled the higher one. Also, schools can see that you have cancelled a score and so they'll probably assume you didn't do too hot anyway. There's no harm (in my opinion) in keeping the score, but there certainly is a risk of harm if you cancel.

• kylaperreaultkylaperreault Core Member
    15 karma

@"hannahe.askew" those are some great points! Thank you! Will definitely keep it then and just keep pushing til June!!

• akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member
    89 karma

@"Thought this was the GMAT" said:
    @akitagogo understanding what you can and cannot control helped me relax, sleep, and stay calm. You have studied hard, put in the work, and exhausted yourself preparing for this exam; you've done all you can control.

The content on the exam is out of your control. While uncertainty is nerve-wracking, you have taken the steps necessary within your control to prepare. You are not simply taking the LSAT tomorrow, you are attacking it. You've studied and created strategies to set the conditions for yourself to win. While you don't know the exact questions you're going to see, you are taking the test on your terms thanks to the preparation, not the LSATs. You're well prepared and should be confident in your preparation and yourself. You can do this.

This is so great. Really appreciate these kind words!

• beggarkingbeggarking Alum Member
    43 karma

I got a 173. After almost a year, I'm free at last :)