Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Locked] A warning: TLS is no longer stable, be careful of misinformation!

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited February 2018 in General 13286 karma

Obviously no one only uses one resource for information about law school. 7Sage is a great resource and there are many others. I just want to warn 7Sagers of a potential issue with another LSAT/Law school website!

According to Reddit, TLS is undergoing a bit of drama and change. I don't really care about the drama, or know what is going on, but want to make sure people don't fall pray to misinformation. From what I've read there is a lot of bad information being passed around right now, so be careful!

It's a good reminder to always be careful what you read on the internet! Fact check, triple check, find multiple sources! This is good advice for anything!

Edit: more info I found,

https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comments/7uax5l/what_is_going_on_with_tlslawschoollife/

«1

Comments

  • brigittebrigitte Member
    427 karma

    Wow! What have you heard?

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @anonclsstudent said:
    Wow! What have you heard?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/lawschooladmissions/comments/7u4nfx/tls_is_a_dumpsterfire_right_now/

    This is all I've really seen so far. I just want to make sure people are aware of what they read and make sure to get correct info!

  • kshutes13kshutes13 Legacy Member
    634 karma

    A dumpster fire. Lmao

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @kshutes13 said:
    A dumpster fire. Lmao

    Haha Reddit is a fun place sometimes

  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

    Oh my lord what have they done...

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Oh my lord what have they done...

    Looks like it's war....

    https://media.giphy.com/media/10KrFxFrBA3ynu/giphy.gif

    I'll just hangout here on 7Sage like I always have....

    https://media.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6XHj2w/giphy.gif

  • JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Monthly Member
    1532 karma

    I've never really liked TLS to begin with. The name kind of says it all. The people on there always sounded so pretentious, rude, and downright mean, like they took joy from putting people down for not having a 175 score. I prefer 7Sage and Reddit.

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @Emily2122 said:
    I've never really liked TLS to begin with. The name kind of says it all. The people on there always sounded so pretentious, rude, and downright mean, like they took joy from putting people down for not having a 175 score. I prefer 7Sage and Reddit.

    I didn't use it either for the same reasons!

  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

    Apparently there has been a change in ownership. The new owner has history of racist/sexist comments. Also they have been deleting past mods and banning users who post the new forum that TLSers moved too. If you post the link, the link will redirect to the top law schools site. Its a script war.

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @westcoastbestcoast said:
    Apparently there has been a change in ownership. The new owner has history of racist/sexist comments. Also they have been deleting past mods and banning users who post the new forum that TLSers moved too. If you post the link, the link will redirect to the top law schools site. Its a script war.

    Gross, I'll stick to 7Sage. The worst problem we have here is "ads" for some really funny things....

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9361 karma

    I can’t say I’m surprised....they have always been the worst....
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/897/363/8c8.gif

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    I actually really liked TLS and I'm saddened by the recent events. Although I am happy that LawSchoolLife will take its place!

    I think TLS took a very realistic and grounded approach (too real for some apparently haha!) to the idea of law school/admission/debt. I think it provided an important service in that way. Simply put, sometimes people hate to hear the truth. But they were important truths to hear nonetheless.

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @"Alex Divine" yeah maybe! But if I woulda listened to the advice I got there the first time I visited I wouldn’t have a 171 :) was told to give up, and that huge improvement was impossible for me.

    Was also made fun of because I said T-15 instead of T-14.

    Just sorta depends on what you read I guess.

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    Holy sheeburgs.

    I only rarely visited TLS, but some of the posts were chock full of good information that's hard to find anywhere else. So sad that we're losing that resource.

    And, well... there's a difference between telling the truth and being a condescending ass. It's possible to be real and grounded, and also polite. Not everyone on TLS was awful, but the ones who were really made an Olympic sport of it. It was so unnecessary most of the time. Yuck.

    But, still a huge shame to lose some of the resources on TLS. What a terrible way to go out.

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Oh my lord what have they done...

    Looks like it's war....

    https://media.giphy.com/media/10KrFxFrBA3ynu/giphy.gif

    Literally watching Civil War right now hahaha

    Also thank you for the heads up!! I don't frequent enough to have known what's going on, super good to know to stay far far away.

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    Who are all these awful, mean, condescending people on TLS? I'm genuinely curious how after all these years I've largely missed them. (Lucky me, I guess?) I've literally never seen someone tell another user to give up. Much to the contrary, I've seen a lot of encouragement to retake. "Retake" is basically the unofficial motto of TLS.

    My theory is that many TLSers are stuck operating in perpetual state of cognitive dissonance/confirmation bias whereby anyone who says anything other than what they want to hear or already think is the case is seen as one of these terrible people.

    Idk. I'm a grown man and I just don't let people make me feel bad on the internet for using T15 instead of T13 or whatever lol. :bawling: ETA: that is hilarious though. I never said TLSers weren't neurotic ha!

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @"Alex Divine" they were there! Haha I’m not the only one who saw em!

    And I can deff agree with the bias they had lol

    As for the T-15 thing, idc if they make fun of me. The problem was I was asking a serious question, and instead of answering, they all exploded about T-15 not existing. What help is that? Haha

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:
    @"Alex Divine" they were there! Haha I’m not the only one who saw em!

    And I can deff agree with the bias they had lol

    As for the T-15 thing, idc if they make fun of me. The problem was I was asking a serious question, and instead of answering, they all exploded about T-15 not existing. What help is that? Haha

    Dude, I'm literally cracking up thinking about that. That's the most TLS thing I've ever heard. https://media.giphy.com/media/TUtr2Ky56D4Zy/giphy.gif

    "Hey do you think my numbers will preclude me from the T15?"

    TLSers: "There's no such thing as the T15, it's T13 now you idiot!"

    Yeah... I can kind of see that happening now. Thinking back on it, TLS was full of a lot of sick people.

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited February 2018 8392 karma

    Here's an example. I clicked around just a couple of threads and found:

    "If you’ve studied 15-20 hrs/mo for 5 months and are still below 150 then my advice is to either A) take the GRE instead, or B ) adjust your goals."

    Sure you could make a case that this person is being honest. But is it really helpful? And yes, it is basically telling someone to give up.

    My beef was the same as @LSATcantwin, I wasn't personally offended I just thought a lot of folks were unnecessarily rude and often ended up not even answering someone's question. Not everyone was like that, but more than I had the patience for.

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    @"Leah M B" said:
    Here's an example. I clicked around just a couple of threads and found:

    "If you’ve studied 15-20 hrs/mo for 5 months and are still below 150 then my advice is to either A) take the GRE instead, or B ) adjust your goals."

    Sure you could make a case that this person is being honest. But is it really helpful? And yes, it is basically telling someone to give up.

    My beef was the same as @LSATcantwin, I wasn't personally offended I just thought a lot of folks were unnecessarily rude and often ended up not even answering someone's question. Not everyone was like that, but more than I had the patience for.

    How is that advice unnecessarily rude? It's telling them to adjust their goals or take another route. I do think it's helpful. I think I would somewhat agree with the advice that if someone has been studying for 3-5 months, still below a 150, and wants to score a 170 on the next LSAT administration, I think readjusting their goal (whether that be test date/score) is exactly what needs to happen. And I honestly don't see how saying so is at all negative.

    I actually commented a bunch on that exact thread (Barack O'Drama) and all the advice seems super helpful. Perhaps I'm missing something?

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    @"Alex Divine" I didn't say that specific one was unnecessarily rude. But telling someone to take the GRE and that they will never reach their goal score is more or less telling them to give up. I wasn't commenting on anyone else's responses in there.

    I'm going back to what I said before though on agreeing to disagree about the attitude on TLS.

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    @"Leah M B" said:
    @"Alex Divine" I didn't say that specific one was unnecessarily rude. But telling someone to take the GRE and that they will never reach their goal score is more or less telling them to give up. I wasn't commenting on anyone else's responses in there.

    I'm going back to what I said before though on agreeing to disagree about the attitude on TLS.

    I agree that if you tell someone they will never reach their goal score that it is tacitly telling them to give up.

    But I guess I'm missing where anyone said that OP would never reach their goal score?

    ETA: Just because people give advice that you personally don't agree with/like doesn't make them awful.

  • goingfor99thgoingfor99th Member
    3072 karma

    I think a lot of the TLS=boogeyman stuff is rooted in miscommunication. Though, if someone is a prick for no reason, a simple solution to that problem is to stop reading their posts.

    Take in the good, skim over the bad.

    TLS needs to be reorganized a bit, anyways. I'm sure the new website will be better.

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    @goingfor99th said:
    I think a lot of the TLS=boogeyman stuff is rooted in miscommunication. Though, if someone is a prick for no reason, a simple solution to that problem is to stop reading their posts.

    Take in the good, skim over the bad.

    TLS needs to be reorganized a bit, anyways. I'm sure the new website will be better.

    Yeah I agree. It's a meme, plain and simple. You'd be hard pressed to find all these terrible, elitist, rude people. They simply don't exist. Are there a few examples every now and again of people being awful? Of course. But how that has come to characterize the entire forum is beyond me. Again, I think people are just generally oversensitive when they're presented with honest advice.

    I agree 100% that it needed to be reorganized. LSL is already shaping up nicely!
    It seems like 7Sage is far and away the best forum for all things LSAT related things. So as long as we have our wonderful community here, I'll be happy :)

  • goingfor99thgoingfor99th Member
    3072 karma

    @"Alex Divine" said:

    @goingfor99th said:
    I think a lot of the TLS=boogeyman stuff is rooted in miscommunication. Though, if someone is a prick for no reason, a simple solution to that problem is to stop reading their posts.

    Take in the good, skim over the bad.

    TLS needs to be reorganized a bit, anyways. I'm sure the new website will be better.

    Yeah I agree. It's a meme, plain and simple. You'd be hard pressed to find all these terrible, elitist, rude people. They simply don't exist. Are there a few examples every now and again of people being awful? Of course. But how that has come to characterize the entire forum is beyond me. Again, I think people are just generally oversensitive when they're presented with honest advice.

    I agree 100% that it needed to be organized. LSL is already shaping up nicely!

    It seems like 7Sage is far and away one of (if not) the best forum for LSAT related things. So as long as we have our wonderful community here, I'll be happy :)

    7sage is easily the tightest-knit, most open, most supportive LSAT forum/community I've found. Not even close.

  • OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

    It's kinda weird that we're talking about TLS being gone when the main contributors, mods, etc. just left and set up shop elsewhere. Anyone who enjoys the resources on TLS will have all that on lawschool.life

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @uhinberg said:
    It's kinda weird that we're talking about TLS being gone when the main contributors, mods, etc. just left and set up shop elsewhere. Anyone who enjoys the resources on TLS will have all that on lawschool.life

    I just didn’t want people going to TLS and seeing weird posts and bad info. I wasn’t even aware they made a new website lol

    The entire reason I posted was to make sure 7Sagers were aware and could make solid judgment!

    I didn’t want to start a long debate about who is better/who sucks ? opps lol

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    @uhinberg said:
    Anyone who enjoys the resources on TLS will have all that on LSL

    Eh... Not exactly. TLS was more than just the sum of the people and resources. Moreover, many people have taken to using a program to nuke all of their comments and we lost a lot of awesome threads and memories along with that.

    Also, not everyone I would consider important has agreed to come or even knows what is going on. As a result, the community seems really fractured. Additionally, I really liked TLS primarily for getting advice and information from actual lawyers. I'm not sure LSL will be able to replicate that part of the community anytime soon.

    And to me, the worst part was losing our private messages. A lot of us had important/sentimental messages and photos from people that we can no longer access. I had phone numbers/emails in there from people who have since quit TLS, and it sucks that I might not be able to find a way to contact them.

    The good news is, I'm hopeful for the future of LSL.

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9361 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:
    I didn’t want to start a long debate about who is better/who sucks ? opps lol

    We all agree that 7Sage is the best.
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/3bd6685317bcfc13babac2e43188da92/tenor.gif

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

    @akistotle said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    I didn’t want to start a long debate about who is better/who sucks ? opps lol

    We all agree that 7Sage is the best.
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/3bd6685317bcfc13babac2e43188da92/tenor.gif

    Safe to say we can all agree on 7Sage being the best.

  • Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

    7 sage is definitely the best, but it will take years to replace the institutional memory of the process TLS had. Getting a sense for the timeline of admissions at individual schools and past interview questions using TLS was invaluable. There is also info on during law school things like what teachers are good and bad that is probably lost or trapped in TLS. That stuff can't just be copied since most of the users are probably no longer active to give permission.

    Additionally, TLS is where I first read about 7sage so I have a sentimental attachment to it.

    As long as no one touches law school numbers, I'll be okay though.

  • Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

    I actually like TLS. Yes, I agree there will be some butt wholes every now and again, but you can get information from individuals who have done it. I like their various threads like "Ask a law student." You can hear from current/past students uncensored and you can meet some study buddy. 7sage by far has the best community and is very helpful. I would be sad though if something happen to TLS especially since it could be very entertaining.

  • tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

    I agree TLS had problems and some negative users, but also some invaluable resources.

    Asking questions of current students was super helpful to me in evaluating and comparing schools. The admissions data going years back was great, and hard to find elsewhere.

    Hopefully law school life can salvage a lot of the data, spreadsheets and resources and grow into an even better source for future students. Sadly I think that will take time, and for most of us we need info right now, and TLS was great for that.

  • kshutes13kshutes13 Legacy Member
    634 karma

    @"Alex Divine" said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    @"Alex Divine" they were there! Haha I’m not the only one who saw em!

    And I can deff agree with the bias they had lol

    As for the T-15 thing, idc if they make fun of me. The problem was I was asking a serious question, and instead of answering, they all exploded about T-15 not existing. What help is that? Haha

    Dude, I'm literally cracking up thinking about that. That's the most TLS thing I've ever heard. https://media.giphy.com/media/TUtr2Ky56D4Zy/giphy.gif

    "Hey do you think my numbers will preclude me from the T15?"

    TLSers: "There's no such thing as the T15, it's T13 now you idiot!"

    Yeah... I can kind of see that happening now. Thinking back on it, TLS was full of a lot of sick people. I'm glad it's gone...

    I was reading up on an old thread on TLS from a girl expressing her concern over her boyfriend's mental health while he was studying for the LSAT. Asked questions about burnout, etc. There were a couple of nice responses from TLS members about how they dealt with the LSAT & their mental health, but a lot of them were like "what a flamer, dump him" and "if he gets this depressed over an exam then maybe he should just give up on life" etc etc...

    I've also mentioned on 7Sage before that I got made fun of on TLS for saying 'my lsat' instead of 'the lsat' lmao

    A few good people on there, a lot of not-so-great people either.

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

    @kshutes13 said:

    @"Alex Divine" said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    @"Alex Divine" they were there! Haha I’m not the only one who saw em!

    And I can deff agree with the bias they had lol

    As for the T-15 thing, idc if they make fun of me. The problem was I was asking a serious question, and instead of answering, they all exploded about T-15 not existing. What help is that? Haha

    Dude, I'm literally cracking up thinking about that. That's the most TLS thing I've ever heard. https://media.giphy.com/media/TUtr2Ky56D4Zy/giphy.gif

    "Hey do you think my numbers will preclude me from the T15?"

    TLSers: "There's no such thing as the T15, it's T13 now you idiot!"

    Yeah... I can kind of see that happening now. Thinking back on it, TLS was full of a lot of sick people. I'm glad it's gone...

    I was reading up on an old thread on TLS from a girl expressing her concern over her boyfriend's mental health while he was studying for the LSAT. Asked questions about burnout, etc. There were a couple of nice responses from TLS members about how they dealt with the LSAT & their mental health, but a lot of them were like "what a flamer, dump him" and "if he gets this depressed over an exam then maybe he should just give up on life" etc etc...

    I've also mentioned on 7Sage before that I got made fun of on TLS for saying 'my lsat' instead of 'the lsat' lmao

    A few good people on there, a lot of not-so-great people either.

    Hey @kshutes13,

    That sounds a bit harsh even for TLS lol. Is that a direct quote or a paraphrase? If they did say that though, that's really terrible and those users are clearly what gives TLS a bad name. :(

    Update: I found the thread and no one said anything about them giving up on life. One person (not a lot of them) did note that it may be a "flame" or a troll, however. There were pages upon pages of support and helpful advice. The few people who decided to be jerks were excoriated immediately. So it sounds like you had it backwards and the overwhelming majority of the responses were kind and thoughtful, and only a few were negative ones. The thread was also from nine years ago.

    Also, I'm sorry people on TLS made fun of you for saying "LSATs" instead of "LSAT." I agree that making fun of people for such a ridiculous reason is annoying. There was always a lot of pointless correcting of people on TLS over law school lexicon and minutiae. Even so, sounds more annoying than anything. Next time you run into jerks like that, just ignore them :smile:

    I guess the ironic thing to me is that if you go look on TLS, you don't see anyone talking bad about 7Sage's community; quite the opposite. TLS is a big, big supporter of 7Sage. And from my experience, most people are helpful and kind. Only a small minority are as bad as people suggest.

    Then you look at this thread and there's a bunch of people making unfounded, negative claims about the folks over on TLS's forum. Many of which are people like myself who belong to both communities.

    I expect more from my fellow 7Sagers than to make such generalizations about a small minority of people. If you replace that minority of "TLSers" with any other minority of people (black, white, Californians, New Yorkers, etc.) you see how hurtful it can be to judge a whole group of people by the worst of their minority. We should strive to set an example and act in accordance with our own values and principles of being kind and supportive. Cheering on another community's downfall or making light of it isn't a kind thing to do, either. I love this community and all of you, so I hold you guys to higher standards. :heart:

    ... And I'm going to leave it at that. If anyone wants to talk TLS and reminisce, shoot me a PM :sunglasses:

  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

    I realize that sometimes TLS's advice like RETAKE RETAKE RETAKE may seem hyperbolic, but it's coming from a genuine concern about the future of prospective lawyers. All too often, I hear more stories about what if i retook and got a higher score, and people end up living in regret. In the worst case scenario, if you don't make a measurable improvement after retaking with the proper tools, at least you won't live with regret and in the process, you developed a diligence and dedication to the process that will serve you well in law school and throughout your legal career. TLS gives advice that noone wants to hear but probably should hear. Also, alot of them actually aren't T14 or bust. They believe that going to a T1 or T2 school with money and to your preferred geographical location can work as well.

  • OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    edited February 2018 2326 karma

    We really have to thank @J.Y.

    @"Alex Divine" said:

    @kshutes13 said:

    @"Alex Divine" said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    @"Alex Divine" they were there! Haha I’m not the only one who saw em!

    And I can deff agree with the bias they had lol

    As for the T-15 thing, idc if they make fun of me. The problem was I was asking a serious question, and instead of answering, they all exploded about T-15 not existing. What help is that? Haha

    Dude, I'm literally cracking up thinking about that. That's the most TLS thing I've ever heard. https://media.giphy.com/media/TUtr2Ky56D4Zy/giphy.gif

    "Hey do you think my numbers will preclude me from the T15?"

    TLSers: "There's no such thing as the T15, it's T13 now you idiot!"

    Yeah... I can kind of see that happening now. Thinking back on it, TLS was full of a lot of sick people. I'm glad it's gone...

    I was reading up on an old thread on TLS from a girl expressing her concern over her boyfriend's mental health while he was studying for the LSAT. Asked questions about burnout, etc. There were a couple of nice responses from TLS members about how they dealt with the LSAT & their mental health, but a lot of them were like "what a flamer, dump him" and "if he gets this depressed over an exam then maybe he should just give up on life" etc etc...

    I've also mentioned on 7Sage before that I got made fun of on TLS for saying 'my lsat' instead of 'the lsat' lmao

    A few good people on there, a lot of not-so-great people either.

    Hey @kshutes13,

    That sounds a bit harsh even for TLS lol. Is that a direct quote or a paraphrase? If they did say that though, that's really terrible and those users are clearly what gives TLS a bad name. :(

    Update: I found the thread and no one said anything about them giving up on life. One person (not a lot of them) did note that it may be a "flame" or a troll, however. There were pages upon pages of support and helpful advice. The few people who decided to be jerks were excoriated immediately. So it sounds like you had it backwards and there were 99% kind, thoughtful responses and only a few negative ones. The thread was also from nine years ago...

    Also, I'm sorry people on TLS made fun of you for saying "LSATs" instead of "LSAT." I agree that making fun of people for such a ridiculous reason is annoying. There was always a lot of pointless correcting of people on TLS over law school lexicon and minutiae. Even so, sounds more annoying than anything. Next time you run into jerks like that, just ignore them :smile:

    I guess the ironic thing to me is that if you go look on TLS, you don't see anyone talking bad about 7Sage's community; quite the opposite. TLS is a big, big supporter of 7Sage. And from my experience, most people are helpful and kind. Only a small minority are as bad as people suggest.

    Then you look at this thread and there's a bunch of people making unfounded, negative claims about the folks over on TLS's forum. Many of which are people like me who belong to both communities.

    I expect more from my fellow 7Sagers than to make such generalizations about a small minority of people. If you replace that minority of "TLSers" with any other minority of people (black, white, Californians, New Yorkers, etc.) you see how hurtful it can be to judge a whole group of people by the worst of their minority. We should strive to set an example and act in accordance with our own values and principles of being kind and supportive. Cheering on another community's downfall or making light of it isn't a kind thing to do. I love this community and all of you, so I hold you guys to higher standards. :heart:

    ... And I'm going to leave it at that. If anyone wants to talk TLS and reminisce, shoot me a PM :sunglasses:

    @"Alex Divine" with the super-cool mic drop!

  • MariahLSATMariahLSAT Member
    edited February 2018 22 karma

    @uhinberg said:
    We really have to thank @J.Y.> @"Alex Divine" said:

    @kshutes13 said:

    @"Alex Divine" said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    @"Alex Divine" they were there! Haha I’m not the only one who saw em!

    And I can deff agree with the bias they had lol

    As for the T-15 thing, idc if they make fun of me. The problem was I was asking a serious question, and instead of answering, they all exploded about T-15 not existing. What help is that? Haha

    Dude, I'm literally cracking up thinking about that. That's the most TLS thing I've ever heard. https://media.giphy.com/media/TUtr2Ky56D4Zy/giphy.gif

    "Hey do you think my numbers will preclude me from the T15?"

    TLSers: "There's no such thing as the T15, it's T13 now you idiot!"

    Yeah... I can kind of see that happening now. Thinking back on it, TLS was full of a lot of sick people. I'm glad it's gone...

    I was reading up on an old thread on TLS from a girl expressing her concern over her boyfriend's mental health while he was studying for the LSAT. Asked questions about burnout, etc. There were a couple of nice responses from TLS members about how they dealt with the LSAT & their mental health, but a lot of them were like "what a flamer, dump him" and "if he gets this depressed over an exam then maybe he should just give up on life" etc etc...

    I've also mentioned on 7Sage before that I got made fun of on TLS for saying 'my lsat' instead of 'the lsat' lmao

    A few good people on there, a lot of not-so-great people either.

    Hey @kshutes13,

    That sounds a bit harsh even for TLS lol. Is that a direct quote or a paraphrase? If they did say that though, that's really terrible and those users are clearly what gives TLS a bad name. :(

    Update: I found the thread and no one said anything about them giving up on life. One person (not a lot of them) did note that it may be a "flame" or a troll, however. There were pages upon pages of support and helpful advice. The few people who decided to be jerks were excoriated immediately. So it sounds like you had it backwards and there were 99% kind, thoughtful responses and only a few negative ones. The thread was also from nine years ago...

    Also, I'm sorry people on TLS made fun of you for saying "LSATs" instead of "LSAT." I agree that making fun of people for such a ridiculous reason is annoying. There was always a lot of pointless correcting of people on TLS over law school lexicon and minutiae. Even so, sounds more annoying than anything. Next time you run into jerks like that, just ignore them :smile:

    I guess the ironic thing to me is that if you go look on TLS, you don't see anyone talking bad about 7Sage's community; quite the opposite. TLS is a big, big supporter of 7Sage. And from my experience, most people are helpful and kind. Only a small minority are as bad as people suggest.

    Then you look at this thread and there's a bunch of people making unfounded, negative claims about the folks over on TLS's forum. Many of which are people like me who belong to both communities.

    I expect more from my fellow 7Sagers than to make such generalizations about a small minority of people. If you replace that minority of "TLSers" with any other minority of people (black, white, Californians, New Yorkers, etc.) you see how hurtful it can be to judge a whole group of people by the worst of their minority. We should strive to set an example and act in accordance with our own values and principles of being kind and supportive. Cheering on another community's downfall or making light of it isn't a kind thing to do. I love this community and all of you, so I hold you guys to higher standards. :heart:

    ... And I'm going to leave it at that. If anyone wants to talk TLS and reminisce, shoot me a PM :sunglasses:

    @"Alex Divine" with the super-cool mic drop!

    LOL @uhinberg https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qDSOvfaCO9b3MlO/giphy.gif

  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

    Any TLS'ers old and new are welcome to 7sage. Bring your good will!

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9361 karma

    I hope 7Sage can expand so that there would be a forum for law school students. I mean where can I go after entering law school? (I know I should worry about getting into law school first...)

  • LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

    Can I rant for a minute? Spivey's thread on TLS has been taken over by someone/thing else. And the questions from members, like myself, have been changed from "hello mr. spivey...." to "hello, ms9..." Any reference to Spivey has been changed to ms9. I'm really not happy that my post was changed. I'm done with it.

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @LCMama2017 said:
    Can I rant for a minute? Spivey's thread on TLS has been taken over by someone/thing else. And the questions from members, like myself, have been changed from "hello mr. spivey...." to "hello, ms9..." Any reference to Spivey has been changed to ms9. I'm really not happy that my post was changed. I'm done with it.

    I think Spivey was kicked off TLS lol I don't think he goes there any more (according to reddit) I would be REALLY careful on TLS now...

  • lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Alum Member
    5244 karma

    Having dipped toes in once in awhile over several years, I think it's not what it used to be and that's probably a not-great thing. I like it here way, way better.

  • LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @LCMama2017 said:
    Can I rant for a minute? Spivey's thread on TLS has been taken over by someone/thing else. And the questions from members, like myself, have been changed from "hello mr. spivey...." to "hello, ms9..." Any reference to Spivey has been changed to ms9. I'm really not happy that my post was changed. I'm done with it.

    I think Spivey was kicked off TLS lol I don't think he goes there any more (according to reddit) I would be REALLY careful on TLS now...

    Yes, he is over at lawschool life. I don't go onTLS anymore, not since they changed my post.

  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

    Why did the owners sell TLS to such a guy

  • Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

    @westcoastbestcoast said:
    Why did the owners sell TLS to such a guy

    Presumably, for money.

    But they are not doing a very good job at mantaining any of the usual contributors so I'm not sure how well the money grab will work out. People don't go to internet forums for a slow advertising ridden service which waits for moderators to decide what to censor and then doesn't have any information.

  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly Member Sage 🍌
    25635 karma

    Man, that’d be really upsetting if I were a TLS guy. I’d be devastated if that happened here, so sorry to all y’all that used it on the reg and lost meaningful content and contacts. I wonder how much dude payed for it. Sounds like they’ve thoroughly mucked up a good resource and what had likely been a good investment.

  • TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Legacy Member
    1723 karma

    Dang....I like to browse on there regularly! Mainly used it to hear lawyer perspectives on the career itself, law school info and locations to practice. Hopefully the new one will be decent (and not as many dunce hats haha)

  • Mike SpiveyMike Spivey Member
    edited February 2018 267 karma

    I'd actually post more here but I'd feel icky about it because 7Sage has an admissions side, so just doesn't seem right to me. There are rare times I feel like it's a win win or will happen to notice people are asking me questions but apologies for not being here more. I hope the above makes sense.

    I'd say more about TLS but it now disgusts me so nothing more needs to be said.

  • edited February 2018 5 karma

    @Alex said: people are just generally oversensitive when they're presented with honest advice.

    @Alex said:
    You'd be hard pressed to find all these terrible, elitist, rude people. They simply don't exist.

    @Alex said:
    Who are all these awful, mean, condescending people on TLS? I'm genuinely curious how after all these years I've largely missed them. (Lucky me, I guess?)

    @Alex said: Thanks Mr. Pacifico! I appreciate all the help I get on here. I come from TLS where often replies are negative and nasty under the guise of being "honest". Honesty is important, but around here you can get honesty kindly. :) >

    You can say one or another, but you can't say both without it being the textbook version of "hypocritical". It does nothing but make yourself look good. On one hand, you said people are just super sensitive and can't handle honesty, yet on the other, you said the replies on TLS are just nasty under the disguise of "honesty". So which one is it? On the one hand you questioned who these negative people on TLS are, and stated you must have missed them all these years, or they simply don't exist, but on the other, you quoted their replies as negative and nasty, so which one is it? You're saying different things to different people at different times. When you were trying to fit in at 7sage, you talked shit about TLS, but now you're in, you give this MLK "mic dropping" speech to make yourself look good. I've got nothing against you, but I do have something against these kind of actions. This type of behavior needs to be called out. I know this post will be removed and I'll probably get banned by 7sage for telling the truth by calling you out, but I've got to do the right thing. It's actually a good thing for the 7sage forum.

    If anyone wants to verify, feel free to go to his first post under profile ("How would the Sages recommend I incorporate The LSAT Trainer?") and check it out for yourself before it gets edited away.

This discussion has been closed.