Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard Work Works Finally Broke 170 on a PT

Prudenter DiscerePrudenter Discere Alum Member
in General 234 karma

I've been studying on 7sage for the past 10 months, but I've been studying for the LSAT since July 2014, you read that right. Not until I started with 7sage, I started to improve and analyse my data better. I've average low 160 after months studying with 7sage, but before that I was in the mid-150. Today was the first time I EVER scored above 170 on a PT. I didn't take a PT since mid-June. Still studying by taking sections and BR . But since I decided to take the November. I figured I should take a PT, I was really nervous. I went to my November testing site. Took the PT, ask a friend to score it, so I can still Blind Review it. He tells me I got 172. I could not believe it. It became so real for me. I can in fact score above 170. I know it's only one test, but I actually achieve my goal. Now I got to maintain this and take it to the next level. Any advice?

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

You did it once, you can do it on test day. Congrats and keep pushing that PT avg up!

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Well done

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

Congrats! Best of luck on test day

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Great work!

• DaniellaDaniella Alum Member
    95 karma

Wow congrats! There’s nothing like seeing hard work pay off

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats! I think sometimes just focusing on drilling instead of PT-ing every week really helps you break into new plateu's and take off the psychological burden of "this is the PT where I'll hit x"

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2018 1866 karma

That's awesome, congrats!! :smiley:

My advice would be to keep up the hard work. Even though you scored really well, make sure to BR thoroughly, review questions you were unsure about (even if you got them right), as well as the ones you missed. If you can get back into the mindset you had when you took the PT, consider what you did well, where you struggled, and how can you continue to apply and improve on these aspects.

Also, this might not apply to you, but after my first 170 my next PT score dipped. It can be discouraging, but once you get to a score you can definitely hit it again. Improvement might not be linear, so if that (ever) happens, don't let it get to you.

Again, congrats!

• Goku-sanGoku-san Alum Member
    44 karma

Nice work! Keep up the PTs/drills with BR. You've still got time to improve and consistently score 170+ before your November test day. Good luck!

• LawSkewlProbsLawSkewlProbs Alum Member
    103 karma

You should go into the exam feeling very confident, and rightfully so. Mindset is huge. On and upwards, my friend! Congratulations and keep pushing!!!