Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January 2019 vs. November 2018 Difficulty

Canucks350Canucks350 Alum Member

Been reading a fair bit about the January exam. For those who also wrote in November, did you find it to be easier/about the same/more challenging than January? This is obviously a subjective question.

Thanks!

Comments

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    edited January 2019 550 karma

I felt like the LR and RC was harder in November.

• Amrina96kAmrina96k Alum Member
    144 karma

@Canucks350 said:
    Been reading a fair bit about the January exam. For those who also wrote in November, did you find it to be easier/about the same/more challenging than January? This is obviously a subjective question.

Thanks!

Definitely harder!
    One of the LR section was very difficult.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Seems about the same to me. It just depends on your back ground. If you have an arts/humanities background, this RC might be easier for you since it had no hard science passage. LR this time had quite a lot of PMR, and Complete the sentence and MSS questions, and less NA questions. Not sure if it's easier, but definitely a bit different.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

I thought the November test felt easier for me.

• lsatletsdothislsatletsdothis Alum Member
    edited January 2019 56 karma

I took both and found the November test to be easier and January one far more difficult. The RC sections I think were around the same difficulty level but LR was definitely harder and LG was slightly more convoluted.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I felt like the LR was more tricky for me on January’s test. The LG/RC seemed on par with each other.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

@Bamboosprout said:
    Seems about the same to me. It just depends on your back ground. If you have an arts/humanities background, this RC might be easier for you since it had no hard science passage. LR this time had quite a lot of PMR, and Complete the sentence and MSS questions, and less NA questions. Not sure if it's easier, but definitely a bit different.

@Bamboosprout Is PMR Parallel Method of Reasoning? If so, then that's quite an anomaly. I think 95% of the time, almost every single LR section ever released has had 2 PMR(including flawed parallel). I have never seen any section where there were more than two.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

@Bamboosprout said:

@Bamboosprout Is PMR Parallel Method of Reasoning? If so, then that's quite an anomaly. I think 95% of the time, almost every single LR section ever released has had 2 PMR(including flawed parallel). I have never seen any section where there were more than two.

Yeah. I think it's an anomaly as well. But it's nothing that really matters.

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

I thought one LR was definitely harder and the other easier. RC was about the same and LG was slightly harder.

Then again, my intuition could be way off. I thought I did better than I did on November's test.

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    231 karma

Overall, LR didn't feel awful or RC -- but that LG section.. Killer compared to November. Weird games.

• ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
    88 karma

I completely ran out of time on LG this time... I just felt like each game took way longer to move through than the November test. I found the RC to be easier. Not sure about LR... I found it to be about the same as Nov but I ended up doing way worse on that than I’d thought!