Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Indicators & Translating to Lawgic Practice

blueyayfreeblueyayfree Alum Member
edited July 2015 in Study Guides/Cheat Sheets 164 karma
If you're just finishing the first logic lesson, and want to practice memorizing the logical indicators, and translating english into lawgic (or if you just want to practice either of those generally), I made a spreadsheet that does both that I thought I'd share if anyone's interested.

One tab has a list (that can be randomized on command) of all the logical indicators, and a field for you to type in what each introduces. It will tell you if you got it right, and has the option to display the correct answer if you get it wrong (or not). You can then randomize it and keep practicing.

The other tab has a 40 simple sentences to translate into lawgic (they're from pp. 257-258 of the Trainer; I didn't come up with them myself. If that somehow infringes a copyright or something somebody tell me and I won't share it). You input what you think the sentence means, and it will tell you if you get it right (accepts translation and contrapositive of translation*), again with the option to display the correct answer if you get it wrong.

I find it helps to actually write (albeit on the computer) out answers rather than using flashcards, and just repetitively practicing is helpful to drill out the need to think through this stuff. And you can get away with it at work, perhaps, because it's a fancy spreadsheet. I may have made it at work myself. And I have a weird love affair with Excel. So if you have Excel and would like study tool PM and I'll send it to you.

*I'm excessively proud of my Excel formulas to accomplish this, so if you're a fellow Excel nerd, please put me in my place.

EDIT:

Go to this link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2s1NBaQLrnIVXNtVGJuQTJ0bFk&usp=sharing#grid

If you want the spreadsheet. The demand for this thing has exceeded my willingness to send individual emails to everyone.

Comments