Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Wait

2»

Comments

• imhungryimtiredimhungryimtired Alum Member
    44 karma

@"Cant Get Right" your picture is terrifying. Your words are wise. Good luck!! :smile:

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

@Katherine Welcome to the hardest part of the LSAT. Most people think it is the three hour fill-in the bubbles part. That is nothing, the three week wait and the struggle to maintain your sanity is the real challenge. I recommend a lot of video games and Netflix.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Great additions @theLSATdreamer , lol.

The time will pass, I promise!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

I recommend a lot of video games and Netflix.

yep:)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Treating yo self is an important part of the process leading up to test day as well!
    So, in ot
    HAHA! Ice cream > LSAT ;)
  • roychessroychess Free Trial Member
    23 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Treating yo self is an important part of the process leading up to test day as well!

So, in othttp://imgur.com/CQhyZOD

HAHA! Ice cream > LSAT ;)

It seems to express lsat --> ice cream not the other way around.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

This post is HILARITY .. and I look forward to reading it after I finish my LSAT! I am seriously feeling for you guys .. I am getting anxious just THINKING about what you're going through ... ahhh the agony! Good luck to everyone!

• johninsaskjohninsask Free Trial Member
    15 karma

It feels weird to still wake up at 5am every morning... and not do sections.

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

@johninsask I totally get what you mean. This Saturday, I didn't have to do a practice test or go into work. It was very strange

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    466 karma

woke up this morning in a start from an lsat dream... they released our scores after only a week.

weirdest thing is to not have pt81 to blind review. i keep having flashbacks to material from the test, but can't review it.

• fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
    266 karma

Hey gang,

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take a section that was issued as experimental to be used as a scored section? The things I think about...

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@fmihalic2 I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the experimental sections are testing that individual questions, months whole section. So you wouldn't see a whole experimental data section from Junes lsat on say the December 2023 LSAT. As for how long before the individual questions start showing up, I have no idea, but I would guess they wait at least 5 years to minimize the amount of takers who are seeing questions for a second time.

27822 karma

Bump for my September folks.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

@"Cant Get Right" thanks for this thread!
    Funnily, I was actually fine for the most part before the test. Slept really well the night before, was pretty calm during the test. Now I'm feeling all the anxiety lol. Didn't sleep at all last night. I'll get back to my meditation :)

27822 karma

Yeah, that's how I've always been as well @"vanessa fisher" . Last year, I did great leading up to and during the test. Afterwards though, not as much.

1084 karma

@"Cant Get Right" yeah it's funny. I guess I was holding things together so much and had such a solid routine going, down to the time I drank my tea in the morning :) As soon as it was done, I just felt this gaping hole, and all my routines weren't there, so I guess there was room for the anxiety to finally seep in

• Thank you!! Such good advice! I can't wait to read those trashy magazines and 90 day fiancé. Guilty pleasures!!! We deserve, NAY- earned this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• katie.noekatie.noe Member
    11 karma

Thank you! This made me smile! :-)

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

I'd recommend staying away from all the blogs around grey day. In my experience, they increased the anxiety ten-fold.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I HATE THIS WAIT :(

edited September 2017 1084 karma

Is it normally 2 or 3 weeks before we get scores?

I've decided to read an 800 page book on the political regime and life story of MAO to occupy my time. Lol

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@"vanessa fisher" According to the LSAC, the projected release date for the September scores is October 12.

As part of a recent trend, the LSAC has been sending scores out 1-3 days early. But, they've released it as early as 13 days early in years past.

See here: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-score-release-dates-scheduled-vs-actual-comparison

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I think with the hurricane delays and the recent history, I would expect the scores to be released on the 12th, maybe a day early. Sadly, because I'm dying inside with anticipation.
    About every 12 hours I flip between crippling fear that I bombed and unrealistic optimism that I scored a 178...
    ??

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Powerscore is predicting that scores will not be released early for this administration. See their blog for details.

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    About every 12 hours I flip between crippling fear that I bombed and unrealistic optimism that I scored a 178...
    ??

This also characterizes every second of my mental state from the moment I walked out of the testing room until now.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited November 2018 10774 karma

I needed to read this. Sigh.

Bumping this up for anybody else who may also need to read this.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited November 2018 4850 karma

Not to make anyone waiting for your LSAT score feel worse, but I hate waiting for admissions decisions a whole lot more than I ever did waiting for my LSAT score. I did not think it was possible, but it is :neutral:

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    Not make anyone waiting for your LSAT score feel worse, but I hate waiting for admissions decisions a whole lot more than I ever did waiting for my LSAT score. I did not think it was possible, but it is :neutral:

Seriously can anything distract from the anxiety of waiting for application responses?? Especially for those who applied earlier in October ugh. I actually don’t look forward to having time off work for the holidays.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@Sami said:
    I needed to read this. Sigh.

Bumping this up for anybody else who may also need to read this.

Oh my goodness! This thread is full of so many amazing Sagers from the past! I hope they’re all killing it now!

As for the current sagers, breath and relax! You got this!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Adding to this--maybe scheduling some on-campus visits could be helpful. And getting some movies.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Been playing some video games. I took your pre-test advice and applied it to post - test @LSATcantwin

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

Checked my email this morning and the first email's subject line was in all caps:

**THE RESULTS ARE IN!** 

I almost had a heart attack...

(Then I saw it was from a charity to which I had donated that did a fundraiser for Veteran's Day)

So bummed out right now.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Next weekend, the weekend we should be learning our scores, is another law school visit day for me. I have a feeling I found the one I prefer so far, but ya never know until you go check it out. Definitely helping me to keep my eye on the ball.