Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two Years and a 14 Point Increase

hazelnut13hazelnut13 Alum Member
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to thank the 7Sage community for helping me through was has been the hardest undertaking in my academic career!

After countless hours of studying, BR calls, PTs, scoring (and sometimes tears and disappointment), I am happy to say that my LSAT journey is over!

I wish everyone here the best of luck on future LSATs and the admissions process.

I will be applying this cycle and I'm excited to see where my fellow 7Sagers will end up.

Who knows - maybe some of us might cross paths in law school!

Thanks for all the good times, ya'll!

Cheers,

Hazel

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Congrats Hazel. All the best in your future endeavors :)
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    I wish you the best Hazel and congratulation.
  • dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma
    Congrats Hazel! I hope applications go well!
  • kombuchakombucha Alum Member
    202 karma
    Congrats Hazzzel <3
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @hazelnut13 said:
    Who knows - maybe some of us might cross paths in law school!
    See y'all there! Congrats Hazel, I know you're going to kill it in school!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Great improvement Hazel! :D
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    Congrats, Hazel! It was fun to share a couple BR calls with you! Maybe we'll end up at the same law school :)

Also, how about that Rose Bowl!!
  • DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma
    I went from a 144 (yea that bad - DEC '14) to a 152 this past test... I think I can improve even more - is it worth taking once or twice more if "set" on going to Law School to get the highest score possible??
  • cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma
    @DByrne07 and @hazelnut13 , what was the most significant thing you did that helped you with your score increase?
  • hazelnut13hazelnut13 Alum Member
    244 karma
    @"Not Ralph Nader" said:
    I wish you the best Hazel and congratulation.
    Thank you so much, Nader! I enjoyed being on those calls with you. Congrats to you too!

Not sure if you're applying this year but keep me posted!
    244 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    See y'all there! Congrats Hazel, I know you're going to kill it in school!
    Thanks soooo much, Josh! You were a big part of my success!
    244 karma
    @bjphillips5 said:
    Congrats, Hazel! It was fun to share a couple BR calls with you! Maybe we'll end up at the same law school :)

Also, how about that Rose Bowl!!
    Yo! lol

This weekend was full of highs! That AMAZING Rose Bowl win and then grey day!

Definitely proud to be a Trojan. Please keep me updated on your app process! It would be cool to get together if we do end up somewhere close. 7sage alumni <3
    244 karma
    @DByrne07 said:
    I went from a 144 (yea that bad - DEC '14) to a 152 this past test... I think I can improve even more - is it worth taking once or twice more if "set" on going to Law School to get the highest score possible??
    I actually took an extra year off to get a few more points in. If it helps: I do not regret it at all. I'm actually really glad I did it. But in the end, it is your decision.

I just didn't want to live life with regrets and constantly filling my head with "what ifs."
    244 karma
    @cgracia12 said:
    @DByrne07 and @hazelnut13 , what was the most significant thing you did that helped you with your score increase?
    BR Calls! Also, keeping detailed analytics really helped me identify what I was having trouble with.
    244 karma
    @sharon100 said:
    Congrats Hazzzel <3
    Thanks, girl! We need to get together for lunch again!
  • kombuchakombucha Alum Member
    202 karma
    Yes! Sup down to schedule a lunch date soon. Ya know where to find me
    737 karma
    Ok, about these BR calls. What would you say is the biggest advantage or any different that JY's commentary, and the comments from various 7Sagers that we already get on each problem?

I'm asking because although the BR calls sound nice, I haven't been able to make it for each of the BR times that i've been interested. In other words, can somebody, or yourself even, attribute as much success like you had to BR calls? I do agree that looking at the data from the analytics section is very helpful.

Thanks for your help and congrats once again! @hazelnut13
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @hazelnut13 said:
    BR Calls! Also, keeping detailed analytics really helped me identify what I was having trouble with.
    Congrats and looking forward to doing the BR calls now more than ever! :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @cgracia12 said:
    In other words, can somebody, or yourself even, attribute as much success like you had to BR calls?
    I definitely credit the BR calls with a lot of my success. There is enormous difference between JY's explanations and the study group process, and each has unique advantages over the other. With JY, we get a level of clarity which is unmatched from any other resource I've encountered. The advantages of this are obvious.

The benefits of study groups are actually that the process is not concise or straight forward. We cover so much more than just the correct approach to a question: We work through our thought process until we discover the correct path for ourselves. And because it's in real time, the group is able to respond to an individuals specific issues. This is a far more productive process than simply being informed of the correct path by JY. I learned far more from working with our mistakes than I ever did from a perfect explanation.

And the other thing is that a group will inherently have a greater level of intellectual diversity. JY is the gold standard, but in the study groups we get to see so many unique perspectives and approaches. In my study group, there were 4 different people who became Sages (and another 2 or 3 who I suspect will over the next few tests). So my study group frequently featured upwards of 7 different Sage level preppers! I mean, that's kind of incredible. We'd frequently spend in excess of a half hour on a single question, and by the end we would have completely dissected every minute detail. JY can't go that deep by himself because it's just not practical to do so for the purposes of the videos.

It's also a great social outlet. Preparing for the LSAT is lonely work and people on the outside never really understand what we're going through. Even if I hadn't learned a thing, the friendships I made and the emotional support I received made it worth attending.
    737 karma
    Great to know, and you brought up very good points. I might have to accommodate my schedule to give these calls a try then! Thank you @"Cant Get Right"
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" thats so true!

This is so great:) CONGRATULATIONS Hazel!!! All the best in law school!!!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Congrats Hazel!!
    @hazelnut13 said:
    BR Calls!!
    So thankful for the calls to get to know you and wish you all the best in law school! You worked your tail off and are an inspiration to us all:)

(p.s. One of my favorite "Intro Questions" was everyone's favorite Nut in tribute to you always being on the calls:)
    244 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 said:

This is so great:) CONGRATULATIONS Hazel!!! All the best in law school!!!
    Thanks, Vanessa! It was so fun being a part of the BR calls with you. :)
    244 karma
    @twssmith said:
    Congrats Hazel!!
    Ty!!!! Thank you so much for everything. You're an amazing person. I enjoyed all of our time on the BR calls together. <3
    244 karma
    @twssmith said:
    (p.s. One of my favorite "Intro Questions" was everyone's favorite Nut in tribute to you always being on the calls:)
    awww, this is so cute. lol