Had six glasses of whisk(e)y this afternoon.

BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
in Off-topic 1694 karma

Ready to take a look at LSAT discussions now. Got poutine and movies lined up tomorrow.
What did you guys do to distress?

Comments

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member šŸŒšŸŒ
    1277 karma

What kind of whisky do you like?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage ā­
    3256 karma

Haha Iā€™m about to have wine and legally blonde!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1694 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:
    What kind of whisky do you like?

I like them all. To give you an idea, this is what I had today: I'm canadian, so although I think we are objectively inferior to other whiskies, I have to at least rep some: Gooderham&Worts and Lot40. Had to do some scotches as well, started heavy to wake me up after the LSAT, so a bit of peat: Talisker and Tomatin(Cu Bocan), then went onto Ledaig, Scallywag. Finished with lighter ones: Glendalough, and Michter's. So... actually more than 6, but who's really counting?

@MissChanandler said:
    Haha Iā€™m about to have wine and legally blonde!

Woot congrats! You deserve a decompression. Not sure if Legally blonde is my type of movie, but sounds relatable, hahahaha. Chardonnay?

• akrieglerakriegler Alum Member
    edited September 2018 245 karma

Itā€™s been a Stoli O day here in NJ!

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

Always have wanted to try poutine! I went to the beach after and soaked in the ocean air. It is ā€œdefrag timeā€ now!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member ā­ ā° šŸŒ
    6045 karma

I'm canadian

Whaaaaaat? Canada fam represent

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

I'm a Texas A&M grad, so I had a couple brews and watched my Aggies lose to Clemson, so I went 0-2 yesterday lol but its all good.. I felt completely in control this time and feel much better going into November. Cheers to you my friend!

1694 karma

@akriegler said:

Oh, that sounds amazing. Simple and fresh.

@keets993 said:

I'm canadian

I don't even know how to respond. Do we have a patriotic slogan? Hahahaha

@cgracia12 said:
    I'm a Texas A&M grad, so I had a couple brews and watched my Aggies lose to Clemson, so I went 0-2 yesterday lol but its all good.. I felt completely in control this time and feel much better going into November. Cheers to you my friend!

Oh wow, congrats. That's amazing. Feeling in control is a great sign. Hope you won't need a november retake. Oh yeah, football season is back. As a UCLA bruin, I have ptsd recalling our games with USC and Stanford.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

@Bamboosprout said:

@akriegler said:

Oh, that sounds amazing. Simple and fresh.

@keets993 said:

I'm canadian

@cgracia12 said:

Oh wow, congrats. That's amazing. Feeling in control is a great sign. Hope you won't need a november retake. Oh yeah, football season is back. As a UCLA bruin, I have ptsd recalling our games with USC and Stanford.

Uuugh we lost to y'all last year in a nail biter.. I made a post on whether I should retake or not, would love your input!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member ā­ šŸŒšŸŒ
    8689 karma

@Bamboosprout I'm happy to read you stayed away from Yukon Jack. Isn't really a whiskey per se, but...is the first thing I think of when I hear "Canadian whiskey."

1694 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    @Bamboosprout I'm happy to read you stayed away from Yukon Jack. Isn't really a whiskey per se, but...is the first thing I think of when I hear "Canadian whiskey."

Hahahaha, I didn't know this existed, but that's hilariously Canadian. I think this is something that, like an ugly baby and its mother, only a Canadian can love.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member ā­ ā° šŸŒ
    6045 karma

O, Canada. I also would've accepted anything about hockey, beaver tails, maple leafs, curling, Tim Hortons (even tho it's owned by Americans now)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage ā­ šŸŒ 7Sage Tutor
    edited September 2018 27809 karma

ā€œThere is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others."

-William Faulkner

• arman_65arman_65 Alum Member
    252 karma

Tasker 10 and Lagavulin 16 are my personal favorites! Nothing sounds better than a Islay scotch after the Lsat. Definitely my plan post November test!!!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

That's not a bunch of whiskey... That's a "tasting flight". ;)

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

I read funny discussions such as this one.

• devinstelterdevinstelter Alum Member
    149 karma

Johnnie Walker Red and Bushmills, decent scotch/whiskey on a budget.

edited September 2018 1694 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    ā€œThere is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others."

-William Faulkner

Wiser words were never spoken.

@arman_65 said:
    Tasker 10 and Lagavulin 16 are my personal favorites! Nothing sounds better than a Islay scotch after the Lsat. Definitely my plan post November test!!!

A fellow of fine taste, I see. I will raise a glass to you when the time comes.

@AudaciousRed said:
    That's not a bunch of whiskey... That's a "tasting flight". ;)

Doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, right? Hahahaha. I was feeling for variety, the spice of life.

@tams2018 said:
    I read funny discussions such as this one.

Thanks, lol. One has to find ways to get one's mind off of the test every now and then, right?

@devinstelter said:
    Johnnie Walker Red and Bushmills, decent scotch/whiskey on a budget.

Hey, good taste. I have them on the shelf too. Goes great with dark chocolate~

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

Wow I was never a fan of Whiskey but this post made my mouth water! Thanks @Bamboosprout for the recs LOL

1694 karma

@keepcalmandneuron said:
    Wow I was never a fan of Whiskey but this post made my mouth water! Thanks @Bamboosprout for the recs LOL

We should go grab a drink!