Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Do people care about your LSAT once you’re in law school? - 7Sage Forum

Do people care about your LSAT once you’re in law school?

Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member

Once you’ve gotten into a law school of your choice, perhaps in part because you score at your target score or quite close, does the significance of that accomplish fade away? Looking for answers based on actual experience in law school- do people really care whether you got a 165 or 157 once you’re in law school? Or is it one of those things where it’s just like everyone’s happy they got in so now they’ve moved on to learning other stuff?

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma

My experience was that I hardly ever heard it discussed. Usually, people in the same school will be in the same range anyhow and besides there are more important things on which to focus.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

From what I've heard from a friend, not really. Of course people might talk about it just to compare/share but the whole point of lsat is to get in and once you're in...

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Second month of law school down and haven’t heard talk of LSAT once!

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited October 2018 1804 karma

I think there was another thread addressing this topic within the past several months... I believe the consensus was a resounding "No".

does the significance of that accomplish fade away?... Or is it one of those things where it’s just like everyone’s happy they got in so now they’ve moved on to learning other stuff?

I'm not in law school yet, but I would think that there are much better things to talk about. I don't know about you, but I would be much more inclined to discuss other topics -- "Where are you from?" "What do you want to do after law school?" "Wow, you worked as a professional gambler before coming to law school? Tell me more!" -- rather than that boring three-digit "accomplish".

I believe you mentioned that you are still finishing your undergraduate education. Do people voluntarily discuss their high school GPA and standardized test scores after their first term? Probably not.

do people really care whether you got a 165 or 157 once you’re in law school?

Anecdotally, however, I did hear that some gunners form exclusive study groups with certain LSAT scores (e.g. people who scored 175+ on the LSAT). That is the only instance I heard where law students actually care about LSAT scores.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

On the first day, your professors will ask you to line up based on your LSAT score. The students with the top scores get to sit in the front of the class.

1804 karma

@10000019 said:
    On the first day, your professors will ask you to line up based on your LSAT score. The students with the top scores get to sit in the front of the class.

Are you sure? I heard that all law schools have secret battle royal nights involving all students (usually about three days before the first class, so everyone can heal their wounds), after which students get to pick their seats, starting with the winner and going down the rank.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I heard that when you paid your seat deposit, your school of choice would send you a t-shirt with your LSAT score and uGPA on it to wear to orientation. Is that not a thing?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    I heard that when you paid your seat deposit, your school of choice would send you a t-shirt with your LSAT score and uGPA on it to wear to orientation. Is that not a thing?

Totally is. I’m actually the black sheep now because of my cGPA. Everyone hates me and I have to eat at a table alone everyday!

:)

1804 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

Not since disgruntled non-legacy admits started to actively single out and sabotage unworthy legacy admits. Dark stuff, man, dark stuff...

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

Totally is. I’m actually the black sheep now because of my cGPA. Everyone hates me and I have to eat at a table alone everyday!

:joy: this reminds me of Billy Madison for some reason

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Sprinkles said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

:joy: this reminds me of Billy Madison for some reason

:joy:

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

On a more serious not, no it doesn't. Everyone starts at zero again. How often did you get asked your ACT/SAT score in undergrad? I bet not that often

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

LoL. Please tell me ya'll are joking. At this rate, my gpa and lsat difference is going to just confuse people. Maybe that would work in my favor, tho.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

Hadn't heard of this, but even if they did, planning on wearing regular clothes--nothing with words on them; however, to each one's own.

@AudaciousRed said:
    LoL. Please tell me ya'll are joking. At this rate, my gpa and lsat difference is going to just confuse people. Maybe that would work in my favor, tho.

Ever wondered why some law schools, including top ones, are able to admit waitlisted students, even after their first classes begin? Battle royal. Some students succumb to their injuries.

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

lmfao