Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• maecy jaynemaecy jayne Member
    6 karma

Test was kind of a clusterfuck. It took me 45 minutes to access the exam because the "share" screen button on ProctorU was frozen, but the help section only let me ask prewritten questions like "how to access the test"?...I ended up finally getting live chat to work and the only available help was totally in spanish--thankfully I can speak the language but I can imagine that if someone else couldn't that would be a disaster. My proctor finally arrived and ended up helping me out by overriding the ctrls on my laptop. I had LG RC RC LR...midway through LR I was in the "flow" of things when all of a sudden I was booted out because my camera stopped working...The proctor was super nice and paused everything but when I returned to the exam it popped me back on question #1 which messed me up for a solid minute. I was able to finish with time to review answers tho... But goddamn the "highlight" function is glitchy and after the reset my proctor kept accidentally moving my mouse when I was trying to track my reading...I feel okay about it I guess...I want to take it in person eventually.

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

What percent of people overall have tech problems?

• KRoo_whatitdoKRoo_whatitdo Member
    edited October 2021 13 karma

edit

• calmacalma12calmacalma12 Member
    41 karma

@Kristenroot1 In my experiences taking it both aug and oct, the experimental felt much easier (LG in aug, RC in oct)... which kind of sucks

• edited October 2021 239 karma

I also had a weird share screen moment at the beginning (the button just didn't show up for a couple of minutes) and my proctor took his sweet sweet time showing up and checking me in (entire thing took 25 mins until I actually began). There was a brief moment when the LSAT told me my internet connection was unstable, which I'm pretty sure is just straight up false, but that didn't bother me. I did have a terrible and legit traumatic experience in the August LSAT, though, so the bar is pretty low.

Other than these things, no tech issues at all! I felt like my test this time went much better than August's. ProctorU sucks in general and I feel like they definitely don't pay or train their proctors enough, but compared to my last experience in August, this time was much better. I don't know if my LSAC survey after my August LSAT complaining about my proctor fiascos did anything, but if it did, I'm glad. I'm just happy to be done with the LSAT.

• Anyone else get to LR and just feel like they couldn't read suddenly? Overall, thought this test was a little milder than August. We'll see when the scores come out.

• mkdioceemkdiocee Member
    79 karma

@johndhofmann said:
    Has anyone heard anything about if all of these technical difficulties may delay the release of the scores from the October 27th date?

Even if you have to test later, like if your test on Saturday got messed up due to the outage, (that's what happened to me) you should still get your score on the 27th

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    edited October 2021 606 karma

For the October LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Thursday, October 14, 2021.

Hi Juliet, where did it specify that. One of the other big LSAT prep companies didn't ban discussions, and they're in the know about this stuff.

It's a good policy for fairness, I'm just curious where where it was specified vague discussion was not permitted at all.

• kikilinderskikilinders Member
    32 karma

does anyone know how we find out which section was the experimental section? or know of any indicators that would suggest it? i found one rc to be quite easy and the other quite difficult

• @christinasmith1110 said:
    Anyone else get to LR and just feel like they couldn't read suddenly? Overall, thought this test was a little milder than August. We'll see when the scores come out.

I felt like my vision went blurry and I forgot how sentences were made. Total blackout moment :-(

• manifestingbullmanifestingbull Core Member
    5 karma

i finished the exam, but it looks like because of my connectivity issues proctor u is showing my exam as incomplete - anyone have any ideas about this??

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@whatsmyname said:

For the October LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Thursday, October 14, 2021.

Hi Juliet, where did it specify that. One of the other big LSAT prep companies didn't ban discussions, and they're in the know about this stuff.

It's a good policy for fairness, I'm just curious where where it was specified vague discussion was not permitted at all.

Hi there,

This information was provided to us by LSAC directly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• 790 karma

I am taking my test tomorrow morning and I'm really nervous. Any advice?

• @MonkeyMammoth24 You will be fine! Just keep in mind you did everything you could to prepare, and there is nothing else left that you are able to do. Be confident in the skills you've worked on. Don't study or do work after 4pm today, just relax and do something for yourself. I've only taken august and I took october, and I honestly think most PTs I took have been harder/trickier. The biggest thing is to take advantage of those nerves. Being nervous is not necessarily bad. Change your mindset to be excited to take the test. It's exciting, you finally get to display all that hard work. I use the app Insight Timer, they have a few short pre-exam meditations that I found really helpful. I also cleaned and prepared my space the morning of my test so that I would be awake early, but keep busy and sort of in LSAT mode. I also went for a morning walk and got myself a coffee :) You'll do great!!

• 41 karma

I had tech problems, 3 times. The system shut down on me twice and I lost around 3 minutes of test time.

• bella900bella900 Member
    47 karma

Any test takers in Europe?

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    146 karma

It's past 9 EST on 10/14. Is it cool to talk now? Just iffy because I know there's a lot of retake shenanigans going on.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Just finished! Guess I was the one delaying general discussion haha

I had RC-LR-LR-LG: felt equally meh about both LRs but I feel good about RC and definitely obliterated LG

• donewiththisdonewiththis Free Trial Member
    36 karma

I had LR-LG-RC-LR yesterday. As long as I can remember, I had one reading material about 2 chemicals with similar names, and the comparative reading's keyword was "paranormal". Hope this helps.
    And for LR, has anyone who had only one LR remember anything about it? Or has anyone who had only one LR who remember a stimulus with 2 university receiving governmental subsidies (accounting for 1/2 and 1/4 respectively of their total subsidies)?
    Thanks a lot!

• @rainysi98 said:
    I had LR-LG-RC-LR yesterday. As long as I can remember, I had one reading material about 2 chemicals with similar names, and the comparative reading's keyword was "paranormal". Hope this helps.
    And for LR, has anyone who had only one LR remember anything about it? Or has anyone who had only one LR who remember a stimulus with 2 university receiving governmental subsidies (accounting for 1/2 and 1/4 respectively of their total subsidies)?
    Thanks a lot!

Had 1 LR and do not remember gov subsidies

• a.gianino7a.gianino7 Member
    86 karma

@rainysi98 said:
    Thanks a lot!

I also had that order, and I remember that question. Could go either way for me for which one was real. One was definitely harder for me, but the easier one just felt...weirder.. Guess we'll see!

36 karma

@MookieBettsEnjoyer said:

@rainysi98 said:
    Thanks a lot!

Had 1 LR and do not remember gov subsidies

Thanks a lot!

36 karma

@"a.gianino7" said:

@rainysi98 said:
    Thanks a lot!

I also had that order, and I remember that question. Could go either way for me for which one was real. One was definitely harder for me, but the easier one just felt...weirder.. Guess we'll see!

I had one worse than another because of my own time arrangement... Which one being experimental may decides whether I could make a higher score than my last test. Why is the 27th October so far away!

• markjun5049markjun5049 Member
    edited October 2021 39 karma

There were two LRs

• baeya333baeya333 Member
    10 karma

2 RC for me, one being very easy and the other super difficult... Easier section had a passage about Outkast. Anyone with 1 RC remember this?

1106 karma

@markjun5049 said:
    There were two LRs and the 1st LR with 26 questions had a question about London California dialect language question. This section was the hardest LR section ever period… Did anyone else experience this set?

I had 2 LRs as well but no memory of this question

• 790 karma

@markjun5049 said:
    There were two LRs and the 1st LR with 26 questions had a question about London California dialect language question. This section was the hardest LR section ever period… Did anyone else experience this set?

Did this section have question about clicking language? What else do you remember from it? I also had 2 LR.

1106 karma

@baeya333 said:
    2 RC for me, one being very easy and the other super difficult... Easier section had a passage about Outkast. Anyone with 1 RC remember this?

Only 1 RC for me. No Outkast passage

36 karma

@markjun5049 said:

I guess the 26 one was experimental because I had 2 LRs with 25 questions... Also, I don't remember having seen a London California dialect one. Does your another LR contain a question with a stimulus about 2 university receiving governmental subsidies (accounting for 1/2 and 1/4 respectively of their total subsidies)?

• jwu13jwu13 Core Member
    12 karma

@markjun5049 said:

Yea, I also had two LRs and the first one with California dialect language was BRUTAL...The second LR was much easier.

36 karma

@baeya333 said:

I don't remember having this one. The only RC I had contains paranormal(A&B)/ two chemicals that smells similar/music including jazz/a legal topic about objective and practical blabla...

• 279 karma

LR-LG-RC-LG.
    LR felt on the easy side.
    LG with the musicians game actually didn't click with me for some reason, though I could remember similar games from PTs, so made for an intense finish. That was weird, since I usually have at least 5 min to spare.
    RC was average, but with at least one question on each passage that was more abstract and needed more careful consideration.
    The last LG was way easier, so l would guess experimental.

Tech was ok, even though for some reason the button to move to the next question wouldn't respond sometimes. At one point ProctorU claimed my camera wasn't working, but the proctor stopped the test, fixed it in about 1 min and let me right back in, which was good.

• markjun5049markjun5049 Member
    edited October 2021 39 karma

This exam was difficult

36 karma

@markjun5049 said:
    @rainysi98 Other one had something about getting the monorail when there's the bus route if I am recalling correctly. To be honest... I can't really remember any of the questions clearly except for the London dialect question. But the other section had 25 questions for sure.
    @MonkeyMammoth24
    I can't recall anything else... I don't remember the content but the last question #25 of the 2nd LR was finding the similar reasoning and the structure had A->B, B->C so A->C... Does this help?

@tahurrrrr
    Well... I remember that the other section had 25 questions and that there may have been questions about monorail and similar structure reasoning A->B, B->C so A->C.

I'm genuinely surprised that a lot of people remember a lot of the questions.
    Sorry if I am so vague people.

Thanks! I could only remember about 2 questions actually ,and my memory about the test contents is fading quickly.

36 karma

And I remember another one in a 25 questions' LR section. Be like 2 people talking about an art gallery or sth like that, and the question asks if both of them are right then which of the following could be inferred. The gallery is probably going to increase its artwork collection. I spent quite some time with it so I remember that. Any one remember this one? Thanks!

• JDhopeful2021JDhopeful2021 Member
    edited October 2021 111 karma

^ I remember this question, I spent quite a bit of time on this question as well. This was in the same section as that 1/2 and 1/4 government subsidies question that you mentioned before, right? If they were both in the same section as I remember, then I really hope this section was the experimental... I found this section to be harder than the other LR section I had.

• nickn.montesnickn.montes Core Member
    10 karma

Did anyone else who had the 2 LG sections feel like one was insanely difficult and one was super easy? I ran out of time and ended up bubbling in at random on the difficult one which almost never happens to me. The super easy LG had a simple sequencing question and some mixed grouping. Hopefully the hard LG was experimental? LR and RC were much easier than usual.

36 karma

@JDhopeful2021 said:
    @rainysi98 I remember this question, I spent quite a bit of time on this question as well. This was in the same section as that 1/2 and 1/4 government subsidies question that you mentioned before, right? If they were both in the same section as I remember, then I really hope this section was the experimental... I found this section to be harder than the other LR section I had.

Unfortunately they were in 2 different sections as i remember clearly. When did you take the test? I took it yesterday. Guess we had the same 2 sections.

• JDhopeful2021JDhopeful2021 Member
    111 karma

@donewiththis I took it yesterday as well. Ah, you're probably right, they might be different sections... I don't remember the section breakdowns super clearly. How did you feel about the sections? I just know that I thought my 2nd LR section was harder (I think my second LR section had something about methane, canonical literature, and banal/innovative music). My 2nd LR section was also the very last section on the test and I lost 2 minutes due to connectivity issues, so those reasons might be why I thought it was harder :(. Interested to hear your thoughts!

• 66 karma

Had RC - LG - RC - LR

LR was fair. LG was pretty straightforward until the last game which I pretty much guessed. My first RC had one passage about paternalistic law & working hours and was in general okay. The second RC was BRUTAL. The first two passages with about 8 questions each, and the comparative passage was about a female author (I believe) and I was totally destroyed by it. Read it twice but still couldn't answer most of the questions and ended up just guessing random answers.

• 83 karma

@donewiththis said:
    And I remember another one in a 25 questions' LR section. Be like 2 people talking about an art gallery or sth like that, and the question asks if both of them are right then which of the following could be inferred. The gallery is probably going to increase its artwork collection. I spent quite some time with it so I remember that. Any one remember this one? Thanks!

I had this one as my 2nd LR section. I remember this question because it just didn't click for me and I had to guess on it. I think this section in general is more difficult than another LR section, which had a garden suppliers MSS question. I hope this section turns out to be the experimental.

• mkdioceemkdiocee Member
    79 karma

@baeya333 said:

I had one RC and didn't have anything with Outkast! My RC had a passage about paranormal activity, that was the comparative one.

• DAN_E_O21DAN_E_O21 Member
    37 karma

I had LR(26Qs) -RC(27Qs) -LG(23Qs) -LR(25Qs).

The first LR was brutal. I don't exactly remember any of the questions specifically, but I think I had abnormal amount of Disagreement questions in the beginning.

The second LR had its first question about a recent trend of carpool and public transportation relationship, the questions were relatively easier than the first one.

I still have no clue which one is the experimental. But I have been seeing several test takers with 25Qs-25Qs LR sections which means that the first LR section (26Qs) that I had is likely to be the experimental.

Hope this helps.

• edited October 2021 76 karma

Idk if I'm experiencing memory loss but none of these LR questions yall are talking about ring a bell and I had 1 LR section. Honestly it's probably because I didn't want to think/dwell on the exam too much and I forgot a lot of it already. All I remember is that I had like 3 or 4 disagree type questions which weirded me out because I don't think I ever had that many questions of that type in one section in any of my practice exams
    Edit: I think I remember one. It was like buildings in a city or something and I think it was a disagree type

• mikayla_mikayla_ Member
    3 karma

@"nickn.montes" said:
    Did anyone else who had the 2 LG sections feel like one was insanely difficult and one was super easy? I ran out of time and ended up bubbling in at random on the difficult one which almost never happens to me. The super easy LG had a simple sequencing question and some mixed grouping. Hopefully the hard LG was experimental? LR and RC were much easier than usual.

I had a 2 LG sections like that as well and reacted to them the same way you did... praying the harder was experiemental

• 790 karma

@DAN_E_O21 said:
    I had LR(26Qs) -RC(27Qs) -LG(23Qs) -LR(25Qs).

The first LR was brutal. I don't exactly remember any of the questions specifically, but I think I had abnormal amount of Disagreement questions in the beginning.

The second LR had its first question about a recent trend of carpool and public transportation relationship, the questions were relatively easier than the first one.

I still have no clue which one is the experimental. But I have been seeing several test takers with 25Qs-25Qs LR sections which means that the first LR section (26Qs) that I had is likely to be the experimental.

Hope this helps.

Same here. I think the LR question you’re referring to is about ride share services and why the traffic congestion increased after it was implemented? It was a resolve reconcile explain question. I can’t remember which LR section it was on but I also had 2 with a TON of disagreement questions.

1106 karma

@mikayla_ said:

@"nickn.montes" said:

I had a 2 LG sections like that as well and reacted to them the same way you did... praying the harder was experiemental

I had 1 LG that I found super easy. The games were about experienced employees and managers, 6 classes, parade floats, and buying books

• 279 karma

@tahurrrrr said:

@mikayla_ said:

@"nickn.montes" said:

I had 1 LG that I found super easy. The games were about experienced employees and managers, 6 classes, parade floats, and buying books

So we also have multiple real LG sections. Neither one of mine had the games you are describing.

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    342 karma

@baeya333 yep I had one about outkast/rap and mali,evolution,paternalism for the other RC section. It seems the mali one may be the real one (internal screaming)

• a.gianino7a.gianino7 Member
    86 karma

Unfortunately they were in 2 different sections as i remember clearly. When did you take the test? I took it yesterday. Guess we had the same 2 sections.

@donewiththis said:

@markjun5049 said:

I guess the 26 one was experimental because I had 2 LRs with 25 questions... Also, I don't remember having seen a London California dialect one. Does your another LR contain a question with a stimulus about 2 university receiving governmental subsidies (accounting for 1/2 and 1/4 respectively of their total subsidies)?

Looks like we had the same exam or at least a very similar one, I had the same LRs (2 25 questions), and the same RC (law, paranormal, beebop, chemicals). I thought the second LR was easier but the questions were weirder