Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goal LSAT and Goal School

2»

Comments

• Gia_HenryGia_Henry Alum Member
    94 karma
    @juan_name Not so much. Money is not a motivation for me. I know that in my area, there aren't a lot of people doing what I want to do. I will not get rich... not even close, but I will be successful. I'm sure of it!
  • missheltonmisshelton Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    170+ I'll be happy with any of my top choices which are UCLA, LMU and Whittier.
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    168+, UVic. I think thats what I need to be automatically accepted come application time, and I've been steadily increasing my PT towards 170 so hopefully it's a breeze come October or December ;)
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    edited August 2015 1644 karma
    168+ Emory or UGA, Georgia State if less.
    @Pacifico said:
    FWIW a 171 will possibly get you into better schools than UGA (e.g.- NU, Emory, WUSTL) so don't sell yourself short unless you have other personal reasons to go to UGA...
    I follow you here. But, I would add something. He could probably get into Emory with lower than a 171. And, if he is wanting to stay in the southeast market, especially the ATL area, its hard to beat the obsessive, cult like following that accompanies UGA. Emory carries a very well received brand name, but UGA has such a following that it's the best bet for that particular market. But, once you move out of that market, I think Emory takes over.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    That was the type of personal reason I was talking about...
  • __Juan____Juan__ Alum Member
    edited August 2015 184 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" said:
    its hard to beat the obsessive, cult like following that accompanies UGA.
    I agree, many people consider Emory differently than they do UGA and to an extent GSU. In Georgia, UGA beats Emory IMO. And in Atlanta, good GSU students can hold their own against the other top two. Considering it's local lay and professional prestige UGA can be a better choice than Emory, especially when you consider UGA's COA for in-staters.

That being said, I'd go 180 for GA Tech.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    edited August 2015 1644 karma
    @juan_name I agree completely. The problem I'm facing is my proximity to Atlanta (Emory and GSU) versus that of UGA. My family and I are very much established in the area I live and moving all of us to Athens is complicated. I'm not down on GSU at all. I would love it just as much as Emory. For Big Law purposes, which is what I am thinking I would like to do (at least for a little bit), GSU grads are going to have to contend with Emory and UGA grads. "Good GSU students" that you alluded to above I believe would need to be in the top 10% and a member of the law review to effectively compete.
  • JuliaZLSATJuliaZLSAT Member
    77 karma
    170 and a scholarship to CU Boulder. I moved here recently and I just love this town and want to stay and live here.
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma
    Love that there are so many fellow Canadians on here, shooting for the same goals as myself :)

Haven't made up my mind as to exactly where I would like to go, but my dream score would be 170+. Just completed my undergraduate degree in Australia, so as much as I would love to explore a new place once again, getting into Osgoode (close to home) might be my best bet for now.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
  • BomfinBahiaBomfinBahia Alum Member
    edited August 2015 2 karma
    165-175 range would be acceptable to me. Emory because I like Atlanta
  • RoastRambRoastRamb Member
    10 karma
    I need a twenty point jump to get to my goal of 170+ :-D. Anywhere in Canada is fine. But I really like Dalhousie and Osgoode. All the best everyone! Now that we are settled on our goals, let's work on making them come through.
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    175+ Stony Brook School of Medicine
  • da.cerillida.cerilli Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    164, Queen's, Osgoode, or U of T!
  • 14 karma
    170+ and any top 20!
  • bruno.dalsantobruno.dalsanto Alum Member
    94 karma
    Anything equal or above 170 would be awesome! UVA or Berkeley!
  • s_tenglers_tengler Member
    20 karma
    Same here. 170+ for NYU. Also considering Ohio State for personal reasons.
  • rebhovirebhovi Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    160+, preferably a 162, but I will be happy with anything over 160. Dalhousie is my #1, and then Osgoode I suppose, so many Canadians!
  • fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 227 karma
    a
  • MConner16MConner16 Member
    78 karma
    I'm hoping for 160+ and GSU. Our family is very established and husband is a Ga Tech Alum, so that rules out UGA, lol.
  • ttranc83ttranc83 Alum Member
    98 karma
    I'll be staying local. Unfortunately, I'll admit it, my GPA isn't anything to toot about. So, I have to work even much harder at obtaining the best LSAT score in my situation. The schools that I have been eyeing are Chapman, Whittier and La Verne. I'd say with my GPA and the median LSAT and GPAs for the schools I am interested in, I would love to get a 160 and above for a shot at scholarships.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @ttranc83 said:
    I'll be staying local. Unfortunately, I'll admit it, my GPA isn't anything to toot about. So, I have to work even much harder at obtaining the best LSAT score in my situation. The schools that I have been eyeing are Chapman, Whittier and La Verne. I'd say with my GPA and the median LSAT and GPAs for the schools I am interested in, I would love to get a 160 and above for a shot at scholarships.
    We're in the same area!
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    edited August 2015 82 karma
    LSAT: 165 Schools: Osgoode Hall, Queens, and maaaaybe Western (did my undergrad there and had the time of my life, but I really want to try living in a different city)

...but a 168 and UCLA is my pipe dream.
  • CosmogenyCosmogeny Alum Member
    27 karma
    165+ - UVic, UBC, or UoT - I'd be happy attending any of these schools.
  • Aiesha G.Aiesha G. Alum Member
    199 karma
    160 or higher- GSU is my top school! Love it and also did my undergrad there! =)
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    edited August 2015 3107 karma
    173 +/- 1 point; Harvard. I have 75th percentile gpa at harvard, a masters, and a cpa so what the hell.
  • mypeekabumypeekabu Member
    30 karma
    168 - UBC
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    170+ and a dream would be to to go UVA on some sort of scholarship.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    168+
    UPenn, NYU, Georegtown, and my dream school is Columbia. Have a great GPA and good softs so the LSAT is really the only thing holding me back.
  • petitigrepetitigre Member
    edited September 2015 227 karma
    My goal is a 177 :). I will be happy with a 174+. My goal schools are Stanford, UCLA, Berkeley. I have others, but I'm focused on California! The programs I'm interested in tend to be clustered on the West Coast. My GPA is not stellar though my major GPA is near perfect and have won scholarships and such with. Have decent extracurriculars, mostly related to my field of interest. I have had done cool jobs, working for a professor. No interships, however. I think I also have an interesting major/minor, but... I heard that that's not very relevant to law schools!