I find I am struggling to use the skills that we are being taught throughout the lessons to answer the questions! Does anyone have any tips on how to work on this? Or will it just come with time?
@snydes11 practice- a lot. I'm picking up lessons i didnt' complete the first time and this set was so much easier- things have really started to click. you just have to carry on on, come back, practice and it will click and then become faster. Also, right and wrong answers are starting to have a feel to them once you've seen a lot of them. It'll get better, you will get there.
@Junecpa9 when you say practice do you mean retake the practice drills that are provided in the lessons? or to just practice random drills in the study section?
@Junecpa9 great advice!! I agree, the first time I started these practice questions I used to get 1/5's now I am at 3/5 and something that I am going to start doing is noting the questions I continuously get wrong and go to tutoring for them or catch a live or revisit the questons.
4/5 but I'm taking a long time to answer these questions. I'll give myself some grace as I don't think I'm in a position to answer these questions within 1 minute. Understanding the stim has been my biggest struggle. I had to read each stim and answer choices several times before selecting an answer.
@dromadery_camel66 The answer choices are what trip me up. I've been able to improve my stim comprehension, but not with the choices, I guess. I'm sure with more practice we'll get better 😊 we just gotta keep going
I REALLY relate to this!! To be honest, I am just taking my time reading the answer choices, I make sure not to go faster than I can comprehend. I think there are going to be patterns we can find within the answer choices, and wrong answers will eventually begin to stick out. I think it’s good at the beginning to go slow, really try to break the answer choices down to comprehend them, and then as you practice more and more you will slowly speed up. It is better to take your time, comprehend the material, and not worry about speed until you notice that you’re able to start getting through the answer choices faster, then start to be more concerned about speed and timing yourself. (My only credential is that I used to teach a really hard AP class with a higher than global average pass rate lol)
One of my biggest issues is that I am unsure about what the questions are actually asking. Is there a module on the different question types so I don't struggle with the language being used in the question?
@JaviB27 I'm right there with you. I'm also struggling on what the questions are asking. I understand the main prompt and conclusion pretty well, i just can't connect it to the answers.
4/5! i cannot lie at first with the whole grammar section i was like "guys really" but omg i feel so dumb for doubting it because my attention to detail per word has become so much stronger already!!
@AnaCobas i'm doing the same but im not getting discouraged, the course didn't even teach us how to really evaluate these kinds of questions yet anyway lol
103 comments
FIRST TIME I GOT 5/5 AND I WAS CONFUSED FOR 60% OF IT LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
@lItunasubIl me too!!! I was even surprised!
1/5 im cooked
@LilyMelendez same
@LilyMelendez nooo you got this
3/5! heck yeah, proud of myself
I find I am struggling to use the skills that we are being taught throughout the lessons to answer the questions! Does anyone have any tips on how to work on this? Or will it just come with time?
@snydes11 practice- a lot. I'm picking up lessons i didnt' complete the first time and this set was so much easier- things have really started to click. you just have to carry on on, come back, practice and it will click and then become faster. Also, right and wrong answers are starting to have a feel to them once you've seen a lot of them. It'll get better, you will get there.
@Junecpa9 when you say practice do you mean retake the practice drills that are provided in the lessons? or to just practice random drills in the study section?
@snydes11 Also having this problem. I hope its gotten better for you!
@Junecpa9 great advice!! I agree, the first time I started these practice questions I used to get 1/5's now I am at 3/5 and something that I am going to start doing is noting the questions I continuously get wrong and go to tutoring for them or catch a live or revisit the questons.
4/5 but I'm taking a long time to answer these questions. I'll give myself some grace as I don't think I'm in a position to answer these questions within 1 minute. Understanding the stim has been my biggest struggle. I had to read each stim and answer choices several times before selecting an answer.
@dromadery_camel66 same here. keep at it!
@dromadery_camel66 The answer choices are what trip me up. I've been able to improve my stim comprehension, but not with the choices, I guess. I'm sure with more practice we'll get better 😊 we just gotta keep going
I REALLY relate to this!! To be honest, I am just taking my time reading the answer choices, I make sure not to go faster than I can comprehend. I think there are going to be patterns we can find within the answer choices, and wrong answers will eventually begin to stick out. I think it’s good at the beginning to go slow, really try to break the answer choices down to comprehend them, and then as you practice more and more you will slowly speed up. It is better to take your time, comprehend the material, and not worry about speed until you notice that you’re able to start getting through the answer choices faster, then start to be more concerned about speed and timing yourself. (My only credential is that I used to teach a really hard AP class with a higher than global average pass rate lol)
One of my biggest issues is that I am unsure about what the questions are actually asking. Is there a module on the different question types so I don't struggle with the language being used in the question?
@JaviB27 I'm right there with you. I'm also struggling on what the questions are asking. I understand the main prompt and conclusion pretty well, i just can't connect it to the answers.
1/5, I thought I was answering definately 4/5 correct but I suppose not… These questions were more tricky than I thought
@LunaLaw1300 me too got 2/5
@LunaLaw1300 Same. 1/5.. FML. Thought I would get at least 3/5.
5/5 shocked bc some confused me but happy I didn’t switch my answers after my first choices
5/5 on my birthday 🥳
@iynur Happy belated birthday!
3/5 :(
4/5!! i missed the last question
4/5! i cannot lie at first with the whole grammar section i was like "guys really" but omg i feel so dumb for doubting it because my attention to detail per word has become so much stronger already!!
@CScheresky REAL
you guyssss my first 5/5!!
4/5 — I’m improving!
First one where my timing is starting to get better! Had two questions under the target time!!
First 5/5!!!! It really starts to get better with practice!!!
4/5, I was in between two answer for number 3 and the one that I initially rejected happened to be right :/
5/5 og, blind review 3/5 ;(
I have consistently gotten 2/5 across different exercises. -.-
@AnaCobas same - feeling very discouraged :(
@bonk I'm also starting to get discouraged, but we just have to hang in there. We got this!!
@AnaCobas i'm doing the same but im not getting discouraged, the course didn't even teach us how to really evaluate these kinds of questions yet anyway lol
4/5 i'm so happy!
2/5 but 5/5 in blind review. The questions were a bit tricky.
3/5 but feeling some slow progress...
1/5 both times
the must be false threw me in for a loop when it said about basis of rejecting.. I was like broooo what!
I do learn a lot from those questions. I have to practice . Thanks for the explanations, this is a real dissection.