38 comments

  • Thursday, Jun 11

    one day I will notice the word EXCEPT so i can stop dropping easy points... one day...

    49
    Edited Sunday, Jun 28

    @jadasherald Me and you both... I keep missing questions because I THINK I know what it's asking, or THINK I understand what the option means. I got the logic part down to the T, so the small oversights are irritating.

    5
  • Thursday, Jul 9

    SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ! SOME IS REVERSIBLY READ!

    24
    Thursday, Aug 13

    @TeklaCo indeed lol

    3
    Saturday, Aug 29

    @TeklaCo this is so real lol, made this mistake on a lesson practice question and said never again lol So anytime i see the some arrow i now always automatically write it down flipped in my head. Just like how i thought myself to always right down contrapositives as well.

    2
  • Wednesday, Jul 22

    I took way longer on this question but ended up getting it right the first time. Guys, do not rush. We are still learning the foundation of the test. Once we master the basics, we'll be able answer these quickly. Give it time :)

    9
  • Saturday, Jul 11

    Literally got it wrong twice, once before and once in BR. Then I reread the question and noticed I forgot the word EXCEPT. Literally facepalmed.

    8
  • Monday, Jun 29

    I got it right after a blind review when I diagramed everything out. I want to get to a point where I can just read the answers and know it intuitively.

    7
    Friday, Jul 10

    @quietcoyote Same here, especially since you will be reading under time

    2
  • Monday, Jul 13

    woo-hooo!!! got it right my first try without the BR

    5
  • Wednesday, Jul 8

    I got it wrong then right on BR. I think lawgic aside honestly 90% of my fails are honestly just rushing through a question, or not reading every answer thoroughly enough before pressing submit

    4
  • Wednesday, Jul 8

    I definitely overlooked the "except" ......gentle reminder to read carefully

    4
  • Saturday, Jun 20

    I got it right but i took 3 mins to get this answer, i need to map mentally if I want to meet time.

    4
  • Saturday, Jun 6

    anyone else doing their lesson plan and then they see more stuff has been added to foundations so you go back to make sure it still says 100% ? haha

    4
    Monday, Jun 8

    @SusanLeifker yes! I thought I did all of the "You Try" sections, but then a bunch more appeared

    1
    Sunday, Jun 21

    @SusanLeifker yessss i'm at the end of RC but i want 100% completion

    1
  • Saturday, Sep 19

    I flopped so baddd lol

    2
  • Wednesday, Sep 16

    EXEPTTTTTTTTTTTT OMG

    2
  • Tuesday, Aug 25

    except……

    2
  • Saturday, Aug 22

    Ugh... missed the except.

    2
  • Thursday, Aug 13

    OMG I had C and E left and pressed C. Fell into the same trap.

    2
  • Thursday, Aug 6

    Didn't see the word "except"

    2
  • Wednesday, Jul 29

    I did diagram, but it took me 1:36 (+00:05). The diagramming really clarified it for me

    2
  • Monday, Jul 13

    initially messed it up because I let it slip that some means its reversible smh

    2
  • Friday, Jun 5

    some are some. was in between the two it had to be one of them.

    2
    Sunday, Jun 14

    @yesterdayseeker mann i hate when that happens and you're stuck between two answers. just wanted to say that answers A and B are saying the same thing and so E would have been the only one left! i'm sure you'll crush the upcoming questions :)

    2
  • 4 days ago

    I GOT SO LOCKED IN ON DIAGRAMMING I DIDNT EVEN READ THE QUESTION STEM BROOOOOOOO

    1
  • Monday, Sep 28

    went over 55 secs

    1
  • Edited Tuesday, Sep 22

    For a minute, I was waffling between choice D and E, only because choice E could be true, but then I remembered this is completely different than must be true. Then, I looked at choice D again and verified to myself that choice D must be true, which led me to pick choice E.

    1
  • Monday, Aug 24

    ez money but 6 mins over

    1
  • Tuesday, Aug 11

    Anyone else get hung up on when they say some are NOT persian cats, I was thinking some does not mean all so some must not be persian and some other cats must be irritating? Why is this wrong? :(

    1
    Tuesday, Aug 11

    @TaylorCiarallo So "some" can still mean "all" if I have 100 cats and say some are black; the only true guarantee is that at least 1 is black. It is possible that " some can still mean all depending on the context. In my example, I think it's obvious that " some doesn't mean all, but in the example from the problem, we don't have enough information to definitely conclude that some does not mean all.

    1
    Wednesday, Aug 12

    @Bkk374 Thank you for your help! So i'm concluding that the context is an indication if it could be "all" or " at least one"?

    1
    Edited Wednesday, Aug 12

    @TaylorCiarallo Yeah, so if you go back to the lesson on Some. JY mentioned that in everyday use, when we say "some," it normally applies to a few, never all. If there are 10 marbles and I say I have some of them, the normal assumption would be that I have like 2 or 3, not all 10. JY was saying that, strictly in the world of formal logic, "some" means "at least one to all." So, in the world of formal logic, when I say I have some of the 10 marbles, the only guarantee is that I have at least one, but I could have anywhere from 1 to all 10. So in the Persian cat example, when it said some are not Persian cats, all we know for certain is that 1 is not a Persian cat, but it is possible that none of them are Persian cats; we just can't say that with 100 percent certainty based on the information given to us. If it is explicitly stated in the premise that some but not all are not Persian cats, then you are allowed to make the assumption that not all are Persian cats.

    1
    Saturday, Aug 15

    @Bkk374 It finally clicked for me thank you!

    1
  • Tuesday, Jul 21

    Literally selected the correct answer first then second guessed myself and then got it right on the BR :(

    1

Confirm action

Are you sure?