Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a good distraction...

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

I feel like I'm waiting in line for a roller coaster right now. (I hate them) my stomach has that same kind of anticipation anxiety.

What are you September test takers doing to keep calm?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2017 8689 karma

I'm not a September test taker, but might I suggest a book? Anne Applebaum's newest book comes out tomorrow. "Red Famine: Stalin's War on Ukraine" For my money, Applebaum is the greatest American to ever take on the subject of Soviet history. Seriously, worth a read.

• mck.mea27mck.mea27 Free Trial Member
    19 karma

Currently having "fake" panic attacks every time I check my email and see that today is NOT the early release day I want it to be. I have a full time job right now, which helps. Have you watched Daredevil on Netflix? I'm not very much into graphic violence, but something about the well choreographed fight scenes is incredibly satisfying.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I LOVE COASTERS!!!!

I'm just chilling to keep busy lol. video games, movies, doing my personal statement, and procrastinating on my Why X essays

• praunpraun Free Trial Member
    16 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    I'm not a September test taker, but might I suggest a book? Anne Applebaum's newest book comes out tomorrow. "Red Famine: Stalin's War on Ukraine" For my money, Applebaum is the greatest American to ever take on the subject of Soviet history. Seriously, worth a read.

I feel this - 'Gulag: A History' was legit.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I've been going for really long runs lately. Fall weather in NYC is beautiful and it takes my mind off of a lot of things giving me anxiety.

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I've been going for really long runs lately. Fall weather in NYC is beautiful and it takes my mind off of a lot of things giving me anxiety.

it's so ugly out today :(

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Bro, it's been awful today. The weather has made me so lethargic ... blahhh :neutral:

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@"Alex Divine" Glad to hear I'm not the only one whose mood is affected by the weather.

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Bro, it's been awful today. The weather has made me so lethargic ... blahhh :neutral:

FACTS

I nearly took a nap today, I haven't taken a nap since I was like 10

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I feel like I'm waiting in line for a roller coaster right now. (I hate them) my stomach has that same kind of anticipation anxiety.

I'd recommend putting all LSAT and law school stuff out of your mind for now . . . for example, ignoring 7Sage . . . until you get your score. This is really, really important on any potential grey day.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

Going right back to full-time work after the exam helped :)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"vanessa fisher" Haha I work full time. Today's a holiday at work though! I got a new game.

@uhinberg yeah I am staying away from Reddit for sure. They like to make "joke" posts about it being grey day...not funny.

@"Alex Divine" i love running! The air quality in Northern California is shit right now with these fires though, don't want to give myself a headache from the smoke...

@BinghamtonDave i have some cash from 7Sage on Amazon! I might give this book a buy!

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

Road trip! Can't check your phone for scores if you're driving!!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@uhinberg said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I'd recommend putting all LSAT and law school stuff out of your mind for now . . . for example, ignoring 7Sage . . . until you get your score. This is really, really important on any potential grey day.

Good advice, impossible to live by. I know as soon as I logoff the notifications will roll in, and then I won't get to anxiously count down the minutes until my own page goes grey! Not to mention the emotional roller coaster of hearing the scores of all you saints! That's better than Christmas and also hell on earth, edge-of-your-seat drama!!!

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Ugh, it was 95 here in Dallas today.

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 206 karma

When will the scores be out? I checked online it said Oct. 12 but do they release them early morning? And do you need to log into LSAC to see them ?

13286 karma

@Maximus4 said:
    When will the scores be out? I checked online it said Oct. 12 but do they release them early morning? And do you need to log into LSAC to see them ?

They can release any time from now until Friday. The time is unknown, the date is unknown.

What will happen is the green icons on the LSAC website will go grey hence the name "grey day" once they go grey the LSAC will begin to roll scores out. They don't all come out at once but are spread out in batches over a couple of hours!

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

Gotcha thanks! I always thought that they sent the scores through email and you just open it to see your score.

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

I'm plotting my pre-law school travels to South American and around the US. Distracts me pretty well, but also makes me so excited I can't sleep!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"vanessa fisher" Haha I work full time. Today's a holiday at work though! I got a new game.

@uhinberg yeah I am staying away from Reddit for sure. They like to make "joke" posts about it being grey day...not funny.

@"Alex Divine" i love running! The air quality in Northern California is shit right now with these fires though, don't want to give myself a headache from the smoke...

@BinghamtonDave i have some cash from 7Sage on Amazon! I might give this book a buy!

Damn, don't give yourself a headache.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Holy smokes... 95 in October. That is insanity lol

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Maximus4 said:
    Gotcha thanks! I always thought that they sent the scores through email and you just open it to see your score.

Yes, you will receive the scores through email. But some people just keep refreshing their LSAC profile until they get the score (before they get the score via email).

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

When people start going grey I'm counting on y'all to pull the fire alarm

• __emsss____emsss__ Alum Member
    65 karma

Do you guys know if the icons go grey at a consistent time in the day with scores rolling out from that point on (e.g. on most release days, icons turn grey at 9 am)? If the icons haven't gone grey by noon (or whatever arbitrary time) can we safely conclude that it is not grey day and live another day in peaceful, ignorant bliss?

13286 karma

@floripa17 said:
    Do you guys know if the icons go grey at a consistent time in the day with scores rolling out from that point on (e.g. on most release days, icons turn grey at 9 am)? If the icons haven't gone grey by noon (or whatever arbitrary time) can we safely conclude that it is not grey day and live another day in peaceful, ignorant bliss?

All goes grey at once and then roll out scores after.

No, scores have been done as late as 8pm

• __emsss____emsss__ Alum Member
    65 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Right! When I see grey I'll be checking back throughout the day.

But what I meant is specifically about the time when everyones icons go grey. Is the time when this happens consistent and known? To clarify, have past "grey days" had the icons go grey at a certain time, which we can expect our icons to also go grey?

I ask so that if I know the icons turn grey around 10:00 am (let's say), then I can give up refreshing my profile for the day after a certain point and remain semi-productive for that day

9372 karma

I will concentrate on thinking about what will happen to Princess Leia in the Last Jedi.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@akistotle . You can also ponder if rey joined first order or if kylo became good. Or if rey and kylo became grey jedi and put on a ruse of joining forces in the First order to take down snoke

9372 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    @akistotle . You can also ponder if rey joined first order or if kylo became good. Or if rey and kylo became grey jedi and put on a ruse of joining forces in the First order to take down snoke

I can spend days just writing down my hypotheses.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@akistotle jar jar is the key to it all

• elle_satelle_sat Alum Member
    98 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

This "cold front" though!! :) :)

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@floripa17 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

But what I meant is specifically about the time when everyones icons go grey. Is the time when this happens consistent and known? To clarify, have past "grey days" had the icons go grey at a certain time, which we can expect our icons to also go grey?

I ask so that if I know the icons turn grey around 10:00 am (let's say), then I can give up refreshing my profile for the day after a certain point and remain semi-productive for that day

Generally it's between 4pm and 6pm, but has been slightly earlier. If no one is grey by 6pm, you can probably leave your computer for the day.

• 193 karma

@johanna586 said:
    I'm plotting my pre-law school travels to South American and around the US. Distracts me pretty well, but also makes me so excited I can't sleep!

Where are you headed? I've been to Brazil and Uruguay and Argentina. Uruguay is my favorite, but it depends on what you are into.

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Holy smokes... 95 in October. That is insanity lol

GLOBAL WARMING

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@elle_sat said:

@"Paul Pederson" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

This "cold front" though!! :) :)

Yesss we were at the fair yesterday DYING and I woke up to walk the dog to 50 degree weather. *praise dance. I wish I wasn't working from home I could rock the fall boots now!

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

@catgonzalez1974 said:

@johanna586 said:

Where are you headed? I've been to Brazil and Uruguay and Argentina. Uruguay is my favorite, but it depends on what you are into.

@catgonzalez1974
    I’m planning on heading to Patagonia and making my way from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires, but going up the Chilean side. I’ve been to Argentina a couple times and told myself I’d be back to experience on my bicycle! I might try to make it to Uruguay if I have time. Maybe up to Iguazu!

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

I'm contemplating on whether judicial candor is efficacious to pass the time.

• Illyria5Illyria5 Member
    11 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

@floripa17 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Generally it's between 4pm and 6pm, but has been slightly earlier. If no one is grey by 6pm, you can probably leave your computer for the day.

I'm not the one who originally asked but thanks for this information. Will stop obsessively checking around 6pm today. Thanks :)

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

I'm at my internship at the my state senate and i'm bouncing around six month old babies. Seriously, this internship is hands down the best. These are the world's happiest babies, they don't even cry.

• LSATsweatLSATsweat Member
    23 karma

I did not write the September LSAT, but this is what I plan to do after the December LSAT:

1. Hangout with family and/or friends! Do everything you couldn't do because you were chained to your desk while preparing for the exam.
    2. Exercise! Exercise is my favorite way of getting any nonsense off my mind. Bonus, it's good for you, mentally and physically.
    3. Try to learn a new language or skill! There are lots of free online resources for learning a new language. I plan on using Coursera.

Goodluck, I'm sure you killed the LSAT!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

The upside to being a mother is I don't even have time to pee let along worry about my score. I have been hitting the books hard aiming for a re-take so I'm not even sure I should/want to look

• 193 karma

@johanna586 said:

@catgonzalez1974 said:

@johanna586 said:

@catgonzalez1974
    I’m planning on heading to Patagonia and making my way from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires, but going up the Chilean side. I’ve been to Argentina a couple times and told myself I’d be back to experience on my bicycle! I might try to make it to Uruguay if I have time. Maybe up to Iguazu!

Uruguay is great for biking. The roads are good, and not a lot of traffic. There are a lot of world class teams that use the roads to train. I would definitely recommend. Good luck, and remember to go to the beach! Punta del Este is lovely, but it's very Miami Beach. I prefer Piriapolis o Cabo Polonio. Both are like going back to San Diego in the 1960s.