Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Movie to Watch Before the LSAT

akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
edited February 2018 in General 9372 karma

You know people always say, “Don’t do anything LSAT related on the day before the test. Relax! Watch a movie or something!”

But what do you watch? You don’t want to watch The Silence of the Lambs, right? Should I watch the first half of Titanic like @"Daniel.Sieradzki" does? Or Legally Blonde?
https://media.giphy.com/media/x7JOtkxzuFr0s/giphy.gif
(But Legally Blonde makes me feel like, “She gets a 179 after studying for like weeks? F*#k”)

So let me know if there are any inspiring movies that you recommend watching on the day (or two days) before the LSAT!

Comments

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    602 karma

Deadpool 2? No matter how many questions attempt to kill you, you will survive and own that thing. If it's already left the theaters, then just watch the first one.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

To Kill a Mockingbird or My Cousin Vinny

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

I am going to the theatre to see The Last Jedi.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I’m on J.Y.’s side but I prefer 12 Angry Men!

• Groundhogs Day.

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    edited February 2018 143 karma

I’d opt for something that would put me to sleep and watch it right before bed :D

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    edited February 2018 634 karma

I'd be more inclined to watch a comedy because laughing puts me in a good mood. Or generally something really light-hearted and cozy. I was actually thinking of watching Zootopia or Finding Nemo, lmao.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

Step Brothers. If they can make it then so can I.

• Aspiring1LAspiring1L Alum Member
    159 karma

My girlfriend's forcing me to see the new 50 Shades of Grey movie with her tmrw.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

The Bee Movie.

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    634 karma

@Aspiring1L said:
    My girlfriend's forcing me to see the new 50 Shades of Grey movie with her tmrw.

"Forcing" .... ;)

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

@kshutes13 I have a soft spot for animated movies. I'd watch Meet the Robinsons. Light, funny, and inspiring.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Limitless so I can imagine having some of that NZT-38 drug to help me get a 180.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Whatever you do don't watch Rick and Morty. It's just too mentally straining for the night before an exam.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

legally blonde because she goes from a 140something to a 179 basically overnight. that's a confidence booster right there

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

i recently watched Molly's Game (based on a true story), she got a 173 on the LSAT.

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    315 karma

Insidious series!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

The Paper Chase.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@kshutes13 said:
    I'd be more inclined to watch a comedy because laughing puts me in a good mood. Or generally something really light-hearted and cozy. I was actually thinking of watching Zootopia or Finding Nemo, lmao.

We have watched zootopia more times than i could count lol so good!

13286 karma

@dazedandconfused said:
    Groundhogs Day.

ROFL I don't know if this was meant to be a joke, but if I applied it to my situation it most certainly is....3 LSAT takes!

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited February 2018 1091 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    The Bee Movie.

The Bee Movie but every time they say the word Bee you have to take a Logic Games section.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/article/22214208/molly-bloom-skiing-career-poker-ring-inspired-oscar-nominated-film-molly-game

What did they say the score was in the movie? I'm seeing contradictory information--some sites say yes, it was 173 and others say they inflated the score by a few points in the screenplay. I wonder which is which. We know every single point is a big deal, hence wondering. In any case, a very interesting life and likely an extremely high score regardless, but I'm just curious.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Thanks guys!

@lsatplaylist said:
    The Paper Chase.

I don’t want to reconsider my decision to go to law school! lol

edited February 2018 9372 karma

@estouten25 said:

@kshutes13 said:

We have watched zootopia more times than i could count lol so good!

I love Zootopia!!! <3 The first-rabbit-police-officer part is very inspiring!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I think an old, familiar favorite is best. Something you can quote every line to. Although, before Sept 2016, I watched Zootopia for the first time and that worked too!

9372 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@dazedandconfused said:
    Groundhogs Day.

ROFL I don't know if this was meant to be a joke, but if I applied it to my situation it most certainly is....3 LSAT takes!

Lol! But maybe it’ll make me get out of this loop....

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    edited February 2018 609 karma

@lsatplaylist in the movie its 173. She probably got a 160.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

It's not inspiring (?) but a personal favourite of mine is Spy starring Melissa McCarthy. Gotta go with a comedy to loosen up and take my mind off of anything LSAT related.

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

The Martian is one of my favorite movies (even though the book was better ofc). I think the main character actually mentions something about law at one point since Mars is in "international waters" lol. Space law is a thing! :) Also what a great way to celebrate the success of the SpaceX launch!

(Or you could totally just watch Harry Potter. Also inspiring. )

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

HEAT, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings. Personally Im watching the new Blade Runner tomorrow, and then bingeing on some American Dad Friday.

903 karma

I'll probably also watch a few hours of Band of Brothers Friday.

903 karma

Lynn Compton in Band of Brothers went on to become a prosecutor.

• Frank JaegerFrank Jaeger Alum Member
    144 karma

Gladiator

903 karma

"Are you not entertained??!!!"

@solidsnake said:
    Gladiator

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@solidsnake said:
    Gladiator

They guy who followed the real Commodus as Emperor, Pertinax, is one of my favorite historic figures. Wish they’d’ve written him in. Commodus left the empire completely bankrupt. In under a year, Pertinax completely restored the treasury, as well as the power and prestige of Rome more broadly. But nobody liked him because he ate salads and didn’t like to party. When the Praetorians came for him, he didn’t run, he reasoned with them. They killed him anyway, but the story is that they actually really thought about reconsidering. From there, the Empire was literally sold to the highest bidder, but everyone quickly agreed that that was treasonous and so they killed the new guy too. Way more interesting than restoring the Republic.

9372 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

@solidsnake said:
    Gladiator

They guy who followed the real Commodus as Emperor, Pertinax, is one of my favorite historic figures. Wish they’d’ve written him in. Commodus left the empire completely bankrupt. In under a year, Pertinax completely restored the treasury, as well as the power and prestige of Rome more broadly. But nobody liked him because he ate salads and didn’t like to party. When the Praetorians came for him, he didn’t run, he reasoned with them. They killed him anyway, but the story is that they actually really thought about reconsidering. From there, the Empire was literally sold to the highest bidder, but everyone quickly agreed that that was treasonous and so they killed the new guy too. Way more interesting than restoring the Republic.

Now I really want to read about this in an RC passage.

• Frank JaegerFrank Jaeger Alum Member
    144 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

@solidsnake said:
    Gladiator

I better stop eating salads :smiley:

13286 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

@solidsnake said:
    Gladiator

To completely latch on to one sentence and idea of this whole paragraph, I personally prefer Grigori Rasputin, just because he was a bad-ass that couldn't be killed.

He was stabbed and survived.

Then, as one historian writes, someone tried to poison his food. The poison seemed not to have any affect on him though. So they tried to poison his wine, but it also didn't work. They then shot him in the chest and they thought he was dead. When they returned to check on him, Rasputin attacked them, a struggle occurred and Rasputin was shot again twice, once in the head. They wrapped him up and threw him into a river. There is speculation still about how he died, some say it was even drowning that killed him and not the bullets or poison!

Super man that guy....

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Watch Rocky for motivation!!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@keets993 said:
    It's not inspiring (?) but a personal favourite of mine is Spy starring Melissa McCarthy. Gotta go with a comedy to loosen up and take my mind off of anything LSAT related.

Yesssss Spy is the freaking best!

I watched Thor: Ragnarok before the December test. It's fun, entertaining, action-filled, but not mentally or emotionally stressful or thought-provoking. Perfect! Didn't want to burn any mental capacity unnecessarily.

I feel like anything light and entertaining is best. Love the Zootopia idea! haha.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I watched Thor: Ragnarok before the December test. It's fun, entertaining, action-filled, but not mentally or emotionally stressful or thought-provoking. Perfect!

Such an awesome movie! By far one of the funniest action movies I've seen in a long time!

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    328 karma

Not a movie, but the Friday before my test, I binged-watched the fifth season of Friends. Nothing to do with the test, but definitely helped me take the mind off

9372 karma

@pioneer321 said:
    Not a movie, but the Friday before my test, I binged-watched the fifth season of Friends. Nothing to do with the test, but definitely helped me take the mind off

I love this episode in Season 5!
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/31e0b6d5cc930fd07f0d220caa49f753/tenor.gif

• lTexlawzlTexlawz Free Trial Member
    277 karma

The last I took the LSAT back in June 2005. I watched "The Firm" the night before the LSAT. This time I will settle for something bit lighter this time like "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" or Nacho Libre". the night before my June LSAT test.

• JD__2528JD__2528 Alum Member
    93 karma

Bumping this post up because I watched Legally Blonde yesterday, and my LSAT is tomorrow. My boyfriend who saw me through the whole process reacted to Elle's 179 like: what?! :worried:

Any additional suggestions on the movies, since it has been 5 years past? :smiley: