Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any older non-traditional students?

2»

Comments

• gaflparalegalgaflparalegal Alum Member
    133 karma

Thank you @LCMama2017 and @brizzle525 there is something about that drive. If I could just bottle it up and take a drink when I feel discouraged lol. We can and we WILL make it happen!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I’m there with you guys. I keep wavering, especially after applying once and deciding to push back. I’m in the middle of job hunting too and may be getting an offer. It makes me question if I really want to go through with this or just keep trekking on a career. But at the end of the day, going to law school is the only thing I’ve been really excited about for years. It’s the only thing I’ve done that’s really made me motivated and believe in myself. It’s been a long journey, through LSAT studying, retaking, and now hopefully reapplying. But I think it’ll be worth it to do something that pushes me and forces me to believe in my own ability to do this. If you really want it, just keep at it and push through!

• hmsjms1970hmsjms1970 Member
    29 karma

Good for you. I am 48. I have variously in my working life gone back to school and worked either on a grad degree or taken a certificate, or just taken classes. Working and taking classes is not easy but it is doable. I am now here studying for the LSAT. I think law school has some advantages for those over 30 who have worked, and I think life experience and the responsibility of having a family brings a lot in terms of what you contribute to classroom discussion. Parenthood is paradigm shift for an adult. Your perspective counts. Let the admissions committee know that you have a view to contribute to the study of law. I think you bring a lot of value to the law school community for the law school you choose to attend. I am going to be the oldest student in my law school, and I look forward to that experience. Keep studying and do your best to score great on the LSAT.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

@gaflparalegal don't give up, I have met idiot attorneys that made me think, "damn if this buffoon can do then I can too!" remember the harder the road, the more you'll value the destination

133 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    @gaflparalegal don't give up, I have met idiot attorneys that made me think, "damn if this buffoon can do then I can too!" remember the harder the road, the more you'll value the destination

LOL I have met a few that made me have the same though. Thank you @theLSATdreamer this is a journey and I think it is going to be so worth it.

133 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I’m there with you guys. I keep wavering, especially after applying once and deciding to push back. I’m in the middle of job hunting too and may be getting an offer. It makes me question if I really want to go through with this or just keep trekking on a career. But at the end of the day, going to law school is the only thing I’ve been really excited about for years. It’s the only thing I’ve done that’s really made me motivated and believe in myself. It’s been a long journey, through LSAT studying, retaking, and now hopefully reapplying. But I think it’ll be worth it to do something that pushes me and forces me to believe in my own ability to do this. If you really want it, just keep at it and push through!

I feel the exact same way. It’s the only thing I’ve felt excited about for years. Sure, I am excited about my boys but this is for me....and them. Thank you for sharing this. Hit home for me.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Another nontraditional student here! You're in good company as we're seeing from the comments. :)