Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you guys feel about your September 2018 score? Vent or celebrate down below

PandaRamenPandaRamen Alum Member

Hi Guys!

Ive have been a member of the 7Sage community since December. I have been to BR sessions, Webinars, and have done the classes. I got my September score. Using the 7Sage Predictor, I atleast have a decent chance of getting into one of the schools I wanted. 11% for my dream school but hell Ill take what I can get and apply.

I started from a ghastly diagnostic score of 136! and most forums talked about how you can only get up to 10 points. I call BS on that because I am one of the outliers that proved those forums wrong. Albeit Im not the golden-180-unicorn, my point increase is more than 10. So for those worrying about their diagnostic score, take it with a grain of salt. I think as long as you work hard and actually push yourself to improve it is possible to get a decent score. Live and Breathe LSAT (for now). If becoming a badass lawyer is your dream, it will take courage and perseverance to get there. By the words of Mr. Specter, "I believe in work, I dont **** with luck". I still have a long way ahead, but 7Sage videos and the community made the LSAT bearable.

I was wondering what other people feel about their scores? This community has kept my sanity intact, and I want to give back.

What do you guys feel about your September 2018 score? Was it what you expected? What will be your action plan from here on out? Applications, Retake, etc.

Vent or Celebrate down below

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited September 2018 4850 karma

Mainly celebrate for me. Although not as high as I wanted or averaged on my PTs, I did increase my score to a competitive level (>75th% with breathing room) for 2 of my 3 apps and my final score was pretty much in line with my expectations walking out of the test each time. I took the test a total of 3 times and increased every time. In total, a 16 point increase from my diagnostic.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Hi! I’m feeling super meh about my score. Got a 169, my average practice score was 172-173 so not a huge drop or anything but I’m a little disappointed. Going to retake for sure, but I know it’s a good score to have on my record

• devinstelterdevinstelter Alum Member
    149 karma

Dropped a few points from my average before the test. I am disappointed, but tend to be too hard on myself when it comes to tests and academics. I am confident I can get into the schools I want to go to, but one likely without scholarship money and I am very debt averse so that is unfortunate. I don't know if I can bring myself to taking it again, super burnt out with the entire process lol.

• joseph.brydenjoseph.bryden Member
    98 karma

I got a 150 in June, purchased 7Sage, and now just received a 158! My goal was a 157. My diagnostic in April was a 146. The biggest difference for me was perfecting my strength - Logic Games. RC is my biggest weakness, and I increased it by 5 points. LR barely improved, but it all worked wonders. A 7Sage user suggested perfecting my strengths, and boy did it pay off.

• Tatyana L.Tatyana L. Alum Member
    244 karma

I feel a solid meh. Got 165, wanted 170. It’s at that border where I don’t know if it’s worth retaking. Can I get 5 points better in one month. Do I have time to dedicate to properly studying. October is super duper busy for me.
    If I get 5 points better than my dream school goes from 20% likelihood to 50%. Ugh! I hate decisions. I almost wish I got 10 points lower so it’s be a no-brainer

• knisskat94knisskat94 Alum Member
    43 karma

Also a solid meh here. I've been studying since December, with about 2 months worth of gaps in consistent studying. I was doing as much as I could with a full time job and lots of other life obligations. My diagnostic was 159, and my PT's since then have varied wildly, from 159-170, with an average of about 164. So my September score of 163 was pretty expected. I'm retaking again in November, because after writing the exam once, I think I will be in a much better head space the second time around, and I can shoot to hit the higher side of my average, rather than the lower. This score with my GPA should give me a great chance at my top two choices, but I really want to raise my score, even by a few points, to be in a more competitive place for scholarships.

I've been so grateful for this community here, even if I haven't engaged in a lot of discussions. Ya'll are inspirational and have kept my motivation going. I'm also fighting burn-out with this whole process, but the extra work we put in now will have such a huge impact for years to come!! For November, I'm focusing on BR for LR sections and foolproofing more logic games. I feel good about my timing/energy level on full-length PT's, and RC will be what it will be...

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@devinstelter said:
    Dropped a few points from my average before the test. I am disappointed, but tend to be too hard on myself when it comes to tests and academics. I am confident I can get into the schools I want to go to, but one likely without scholarship money and I am very debt averse so that is unfortunate. I don't know if I can bring myself to taking it again, super burnt out with the entire process lol.

Literally in the same boat here. I was really hoping I didn’t have to retake but I really want an opportunity for scholarship money. I feel good about getting accepted but im going into a public service job and would really rather not have a ton of debt.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 737 karma

Thank you for creating this post. It's awesome to see so many determined people on here, its definitely motivating!

Like most others here, I also felt "meh" about my score and I came to expect it. This is my 3rd try. I scored 144, 147, and today 150.

It kinda sucks because I was on a roll and averaging around a 153 in my last 5-6 pt's, but I screwed up logic games and didnt bubble about 3-4 questions in the last section. My goal is a 153-155+ for November, and I'm confident if I bust my ass and not freakin forget to bubble, I can get there.

Good luck to everyone on here, and congrats to those that got their goal score! Very much deserved, cheers to everyone!

737 karma

Btw @PandaRamen , where did you see your probability of getting into a school?

• PandaRamenPandaRamen Alum Member
    162 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    Btw @PandaRamen , where did you see your probability of getting into a school?

7Sage admission (click "7Sage lsat") under resources :)

737 karma

Thank you! Sorry about that @PandaRamen , I thought you could use that only if you paid.

• Tatyana L.Tatyana L. Alum Member
    244 karma

LSAC has a “find school” section. You can submit your gpa and lsat score and they’ll show you your scores relative to schools medians and your chances of getting in

• hheck87hheck87 Member
    34 karma

I’m frustrated. My diagnostic was a 157 in February. Took June and scored a 165. I had been PTing with average of 168 prior to the exam. Kicked in and studied for the September exam. Was PTing consistently in the 170s with an average of 173 leading up to exam. Scored a 165 again. I felt like I probably didn’t get the 173 average but I definitely thought I was getting at least a 168. I don’t know what to do at this point. I feel burned out and don’t see any way to improve for November. I think I’m just going to apply with where I am. I’m not looking at T14 anyway.

• Lsat_destroyerLsat_destroyer Alum Member
    28 karma

Got a 150 because i completely bombed RC...Gotta regroup and get ready for November.

• zrkarenzrkaren Alum Member
    60 karma

@Lsat_destroyer said:
    Got a 150 because i completely bombed RC...Gotta regroup and get ready for November.

Same over here... I hope when the scores come out in December is still a good time to apply

• TheShrimpEaterTheShrimpEater Alum Member
    edited September 2018 46 karma

I scored ~8 points below my PT average for the whole month before September test, normally I got -2 or -3 each LR section, but got -11 and -7 on the real test. I literally don’t know if I can get a score I want in November, thinking if it’s better I take more time to study and apply next year instead :(

737 karma

Thank you, @"Tatyana L."

Hey @zrkaren , I think you can submit your app and then let them know that you are registered to take the November LSAT.

• sic parvis magnasic parvis magna Alum Member
    170 karma

Also feeling meh. got a 172, but was PT'ing at 175 leading up to the test. Probably won't retake as I don't think I can stand to look at another law passage for the short foreseeable future.

edited September 2018 162 karma

@hheck87 said:
    I’m frustrated. My diagnostic was a 157 in February. Took June and scored a 165. I had been PTing with average of 168 prior to the exam. Kicked in and studied for the September exam. Was PTing consistently in the 170s with an average of 173 leading up to exam. Scored a 165 again. I felt like I probably didn’t get the 173 average but I definitely thought I was getting at least a 168. I don’t know what to do at this point. I feel burned out and don’t see any way to improve for November. I think I’m just going to apply with where I am. I’m not looking at T14 anyway.

Props for getting a good score! I know it's not the score you would've wanted but definitely apply anyway. You'll never know. I know most people will say that "It's all about the numbers" but these admission committee are people too. You have a very respectable score. I was once talking to a lawyer who became a city attorney. He went from prestigious undergraduate school to unranked law school. I didnt pry for the reason but one thing he said stuck "It's not about where you go that will guarantee success in your career, itll only give you a leg up. It's about how good you are at doing your job." He basically told me he outworked his Ivy League colleagues. So ranking is not necessarily everything. Good luck!! Im sure youll get in with your solid score!

162 karma

@zrkaren said:

@Lsat_destroyer said:

Same over here... I hope when the scores come out in December is still a good time to apply

In the 7Sage Predictor, they actually have a percentage timeline of applications. So itll be good to check that one out if you have very specific schools in mind. :)

• Got a 171 . Was hoping for 175 or above but I don't think it is worth retaking. Was PTing between 168-174.

• Chrissy JimenezChrissy Jimenez Alum Member
    52 karma

@IreneShrimpeater said:
    I scored ~8 points below my PT average for the whole month before September test, normally I got -2 or -3 each LR section, but got -11 and -7 on the real test. I literally don’t know if I can get a score I want in November, thinking if it’s better I take more time to study and apply next year instead :(

I scored -10 below my PT which seems surreal because I have never scored that low before. I literally feel like I misbubbled or something. I know how you feel but we still have one more try in Nov!

• TeaLoverTeaLover Alum Member
    151 karma

Scored ~6points below my pt average. Very frustrated but can't say it's totally unexpected. RC is my weakest part and having it as the first section totally destroyed me.

• sujata.bsujata.b Alum Member
    9 karma

I got a 165, and my PTs in August were mostly 165-166. I was worried that the anxiety of test day might have made my score drop, but it actually turned out to be right in my range. I'm planning to take it again, probably in March (before the September test, I decided against applying this round to give myself extra time to actually think about application materials) and am hoping I might be able to bump my score up another three points or so. But I really need to figure out Logic Games for that to happen! The timing's definitely an issue for me, along with accuracy. (Logic Games accuracy/timing tips would be very welcome, although I know that's not the topic of the thread.)

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    634 karma

This was my third attempt and I got the exact same score as July, which was unfortunately about 3 points below my PT average. Oddly though it feels okay, if anything a validation that I performed at my test-day potential. Both attempts went optimally as far as test conditions, I think. Maybe there's something to be said of consistency.

Still generally optimistic about this cycle. If it ends up being a disaster maybe I'll retake in June and try for next cycle though lol. In the grand scheme of things I figure a year isn't that long, and I'm somewhat excited to get back to my old career after having taken such a long hiatus for the LSAT. There are worse things than having to work an extra year before law school.

• Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    138 karma

@IreneShrimpeater said:

I am relating so deeply to all of your comments...holy cow, I have NEVER gotten as low a score in certain sections than I have on my september lsat. it was...very bad to say the least

• mizbanismizbanis Member
    55 karma

I was so happy at first - I was PTing at 167 the last couple of weeks, and averaging 165. I got a 168 on test day (despite feeling horrible about my performance that day)! That's the highest I've ever gotten. But... could I get a higher score in November? I only studied for two months, maybe one more month might push me to 170? Is it worth it?? I'm so burned out by lsat... what if I get worse in November? All these questions have made me significantly less happy about my score, but I think I'm just that type of person who finds it difficult to be satisfied with anything. My dream school is NYU with a bit of scholarship.

• gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
    126 karma

I usually do very well on LR - normally only get anywhere from 1 to 3 wrong on any given section; test day? -9 and -6. I BOMBED.

I was anticipating a 165+ - ended up with a 162. Disappointed but not terribly so. Retaking in Nov.

Admittedly, I didn't prepare the way I knew I should've. I should've taken far more PTs than I did and I never really committed myself to blind review or fool proofing. For my retake in Nov, I'm gonna double down and make sure I don't repeat those same mistakes.