Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LSAT Test Date: July 23, 2018

akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
edited March 2018 in July 2018 LSAT 9372 karma

So it seems like we're going to have the July LSAT as well!

UPDATE 2:
It's undisclosed :(

Comments

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

I also saw somewhere there is a January and March date in 2019. That's an abundance of future tests... in the near future.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Ooooooh intriguing! Anyone heard if that is for sure disclosed? I don't know if any of the new ones will be undisclosed.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yes! This is such great news.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:
    I also saw somewhere there is a January and March date in 2019. That's an abundance of future tests... in the near future.

Yea, here is the list of future dates: https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/testdateweb.pdf

2018–2019 LSAT DATES
    Monday, June 11, 2018
    Monday, July 23, 2018 (North America only) ADDED
    Saturday, September 8, 2018
    Saturday, November 17, 2018
    Saturday, January 26, 2019
    Saturday, March 30, 2019
    Monday, June 3, 2019

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    399 karma

The combination of July being added and the December test now being mid November has just taken a bit of weight off my shoulders. You could take the test 5 times between now and late November (aka the hot-spot for applications!)

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

normally what is the earliest people can sign up for test dates. and can you sign up for two dates?

for instance book July and September

• LSATLSATLSATLSAT Alum Member
    edited January 2018 26 karma

Up to how many times can we take LSAT? Anyone know?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Nlgndman said:
    Up to how many times can we take LSAT? Anyone know?

As many as you want since LSAC got rid of the 3 takes in 2 years rule :)

• LSATLSATLSATLSAT Alum Member
    26 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thank you very much. That I did not know. :smile:

• 170ORBUST9192170ORBUST9192 Alum Member
    65 karma

@akistotle said:

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

Yea, here is the list of future dates: https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/testdateweb.pdf

2018–2019 LSAT DATES
    Monday, June 11, 2018
    Saturday, March 30, 2019
    Monday, June 3, 2019

This July 23rd test isn't listed on the LSAC page you linked...

edited January 2018 9372 karma

@170ORBUST9192 said:

@akistotle said:

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

2018–2019 LSAT DATES
    Monday, June 11, 2018
    Saturday, March 30, 2019
    Monday, June 3, 2019

This July 23rd test isn't listed on the LSAC page you linked...

It is not on their site yet. According to PowerScore, it is on LSAC's January Newsletter.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

@"J.CHRIS.ALST" said:
    The combination of July being added and the December test now being mid November has just taken a bit of weight off my shoulders. You could take the test 5 times between now and late November (aka the hot-spot for applications!)

Agreed! What an awesome feeling

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I'm so excited about all of these additional test dates. I'm going to take it in September or November. It's nice that if one gets an undesirable score it's possible to retake it only a couple months later, which wasn't possible before.I think one of the reasons why LSAC is doing this is because the GRE is offered so many times in a year and they're trying to compete.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Just remember to make sure you ask your school how they view someone taking the lsat multiple times. When I went to the Columbia open house last month, the admissions person clearly said that they would look down on someone taking the lsat multiple times and would require an addendum. So, while its great that lsac is offering us more chances to take the test, I would just check on your schools to see how they view multiple takes.

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

Finally LSAT getting w the times. And being humane. <3

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

Wow! This just might be perfect for me. I'm wondering if it'll be a 12:30 exam like June or the standard 8:30. Anyone have any more info?

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

Confirmed LSAC Twitter: July 23, 2018 North America.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

More LSATs, more applicants, higher scores, more revenue for LSAC. A positive change but worried about the implications on already saturated legal market and hoping another recession doesnt happen in 2021

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

@"marino.zach" said:
    Wow! This just might be perfect for me. I'm wondering if it'll be a 12:30 exam like June or the standard 8:30. Anyone have any more info?

I was thinking the same thing! This new date is extremely intriguing since I'm aiming for the June test date.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@akeegs92 said:

@"marino.zach" said:

I was thinking the same thing! This new date is extremely intriguing since I'm aiming for the June test date.

I was pretty sure June was the only 12:30, but according to this LSAC doc that shows the July 2019 test, it's on a Monday at 12:30 just like June. So I am thinking that yes, this will be a 12:30 test since July 23, 2018 is a Monday. All the other tests at 8:30am are on Saturdays.

https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/testdateweb.pdf

• 136 karma

Ugh great news, but definitely adds a new variable to the already complicated decision of taking in June or September haha. Now: take in June, July or September?

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

@akeegs92 Yeah! I'm thinking I'll keep shooting for June for now, but if I don't feel quite ready as it approaches I'm glad to have the July option

• TortsillustratedTortsillustrated Alum Member
    80 karma

I have been reading some posts on the LSAT Reddit that are saying the July will be undisclosed, unfortunately! (Maybe it will be, would like to see official word from the LSAC)

But this is big news, It seems to me as if the LSAC is making moves to stay in the forefront of the testing world for law school/ combat the frequency of the GRE being offered.

9372 karma

@jimmyrivera201 said:
    Confirmed LSAC Twitter: July 23, 2018 North America.

Yep!

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    399 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Just remember to make sure you ask your school how they view someone taking the lsat multiple times. When I went to the Columbia open house last month, the admissions person clearly said that they would look down on someone taking the lsat multiple times and would require an addendum. So, while its great that lsac is offering us more chances to take the test, I would just check on your schools to see how they view multiple takes.

Yeah, I've heard certain schools do in fact judge based on multiple takes, even if they consider the highest one.

What I think this new schedule does for us is it allows us to pick a date that works best for when we feel ready.

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    More LSATs, more applicants, higher scores, more revenue for LSAC. A positive change but worried about the implications on already saturated legal market and hoping another recession doesnt happen in 2021

I was thinking this too. The # of people interested in law school has jumped recently, whether it be because of a slightly better economy or the "Trump bump," as it were. This new flexibility could lessen the burden of what many consider the biggest road block into law school, which could increase said #.

At the end of the day, though, we can only control ourselves! So no sense in worrying about other people and what they are doing. :smile:

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

THEY RESPONDED TO THE TWEET SAYING JULY WILL BE UNDISCLOSED !!

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    edited January 2018 328 karma
    1723 karma

Wait what do y'all mean by undisclosed?

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@akeegs92 said:

www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/nondisclosed-lsat.cfm

1723 karma

@FixedDice said:

@akeegs92 said:

Ahh thank you. Had no idea about this! Wow why would they do something like this?

9372 karma

@akeegs92 said:

@FixedDice said:

@akeegs92 said:

Ahh thank you. Had no idea about this! Wow why would they do something like this?

The February LSAT has always been undisclosed and so are oversea LSAT administrations:
    https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-disclosures

This is an old post but it tells us LSAC's policy:
    http://lsatblog.blogspot.jp/2011/12/why-february-lsat-is-undisclosed.html

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

Leaving out Asia. America First on the LSAT :cry:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Adam Hawks" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Yeah that sucks for you, dude :neutral:

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Adam Hawks" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Yeah that sucks for you, dude :neutral:

But if you're not ready for June, you can delay for one month. The problem is that you won't have your June scores in time or you won't have time to prepare accordingly? I just see this as an advantage for our June test takers to delay for one month instead of taking the June test.

1723 karma

@akistotle said:
    The February LSAT has always been undisclosed and so are oversea LSAT administrations:
    https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-disclosures

This is an old post but it tells us LSAC's policy:
    http://lsatblog.blogspot.jp/2011/12/why-february-lsat-is-undisclosed.html

Thank you! I guess I can see why. Sucks that you get no feedback but I think I'm still going to heavily consider July.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Undisclosed is something I have some trouble with because I really want to see the breakdowns but I'm also glad there's another option when we get to that time of year.

• lawhopefullawhopeful Alum Member
    28 karma

I know it says "North America" but it also specifies "additional US test dates". Does anyone know if July 23rd will be offered in Canada?!

65 karma

@akeegs92 said:

@"marino.zach" said:

Also aiming for June. Especially since I have not studied as much as I should have over December/January, opting for the July 23rd date instead of June 11th sort of "resets the clock." That's an extra 6 weeks!

However, whether it is at 8:30am ot 12:30am is an important consideration. I'm going to assume it is a 12:30 one, which doesn't distinguish it much from June (aside from that extra 6 weeks...)

But then! There's the consideration of studying during the summer - I know myself well enough to know that the distractions will pile on as of mid-June, which is part of the appeal to the June take anyway...

DECISIONS!

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@akeegs92 said:

@FixedDice said:

@akeegs92 said:

Because they want to reuse the test in other administrations, for example, for Sabbath observers etc. Once a test is disclosed, it's gotta be taken out of their rotation of usable test forms.

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

Will any of the new testing dates be in the afternoon like the June one?

edited January 2018 9372 karma

@sakox010 said:

We don't know about the July test yet.

The others have 8:30am reporting time.

9372 karma

@akistotle said:

@sakox010 said:

We don't know about the July test yet.

The others have 8:30am reporting time.

The PDF was updated. The July test starts at 12:30pm.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

how about the test centers? will all the test centers be available for July test date? i know some test centers are open on some dates and not on others. any info on this?

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@simplereally said:
    how about the test centers? will all the test centers be available for July test date? i know some test centers are open on some dates and not on others. any info on this?

Don't think there's any info yet. I just updated the registration page on 7Sage (https://7sage.com/lsat-dates-and-registration-deadlines-for-united-states-and-canada/) with everything that's available, but the July info is not yet up. You may want to contact LSAC to find out about your question.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I'm pretty bummed at the 12:30 pm test time for July! I took the June 2017 exam and I didn't get home until 8pm after the exam. The exam didn't start until well after 2pm bc it took so long to search everyone and get everyone seated. I was hoping for an 'am time for July.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@170ORBUST9192 said:

@akeegs92 said:

@"marino.zach" said:

Also aiming for June. Especially since I have not studied as much as I should have over December/January, opting for the July 23rd date instead of June 11th sort of "resets the clock." That's an extra 6 weeks!

However, whether it is at 8:30am ot 12:30am is an important consideration. I'm going to assume it is a 12:30 one, which doesn't distinguish it much from June (aside from that extra 6 weeks...)

But then! There's the consideration of studying during the summer - I know myself well enough to know that the distractions will pile on as of mid-June, which is part of the appeal to the June take anyway...

DECISIONS!

What, no studying on the beach with a drink in hand? Are you sure you're meant to be a lawyer? Hahaha

65 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

@170ORBUST9192 said:

@akeegs92 said:

@"marino.zach" said:

DECISIONS!

What, no studying on the beach with a drink in hand? Are you sure you're meant to be a lawyer? Hahaha

And then, the idea of spending the final stretch of my studying on the beach further sold me on July.

• I know I maybe a total knob, but what the hell is undisclosed vs. disclosed mean?

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@dazedandconfused said:
    I know I maybe a total knob, but what the hell is undisclosed vs. disclosed mean?

Undisclosed means you wont be able to look at the test after you take it, it wont be published. So, if you didnt do as well as you would have liked you wont know why.

• @estouten25 said:

@dazedandconfused said:
    I know I maybe a total knob, but what the hell is undisclosed vs. disclosed mean?

Undisclosed means you wont be able to look at the test after you take it, it wont be published. So, if you didnt do as well as you would have liked you wont know why.

Thanks, @estouten25! That doesn't seem so bad.