Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got my score, just hit submit on all apps, now what?

LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
edited September 2018 in Law School Admissions 4850 karma

My life feels kinda empty and meaningless... I started this whole LSAT life consuming obsession over a year ago and now I have nothing to do but wait for responses. Does this mean I have to re-enter normal life?

https://i.gifer.com/1WDC.gif

Comments

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    839 karma

Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself and do something to celebrate while anticipating results! Best of luck.

• sic parvis magnasic parvis magna Alum Member
    170 karma

Congratz on finishing your apps my guy!

You should go get a nice bottle of wine, down it, and then spend the next week just doing all the things you enjoy and likely neglected as a result of the LSAT and your applications. You've earned a well-deserved break! :smiley:

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Drink beer! :D Congrats!

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    Drink beer! :D Congrats!

I mean, you spelled Tequila wrong but basically.... yeah.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

I think that is awesome!!! Celebrate! Call a few friends and do something fun or something you have neglected since you started studying!! Do it!!!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

What did you do before all this? I would so pick up gaming and art projects again. I haven't had time to do much of anything lately. Movies and TV shows have gone by the way side. Or sleep. I have about a year to catch up on. LOL

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Well, I guess I made a logical flaw... I assumed you were a lightweight like myself. By all means then! :p

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Have fun now, because I think waiting for decisions may have been the most stressful thing for me. You could know soon, or you might not get a decision until March. It’s ibnoxiously unpredictable. So, before you start really stressing on the decision, go have fun! :) Congrats on getting everything done!

• splitter_sagasplitter_saga Free Trial Member
    60 karma

Is there anything to do besides submit FAFSA inbetween submitting and waiting for decisions? Was wondering that myself the other day.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

@splitter_saga said:
    Is there anything to do besides submit FAFSA inbetween submitting and waiting for decisions? Was wondering that myself the other day.

I’m upping my volunteer hours. I figure there’s no better way to keep my mind off waiting on apps than to keep my mind focused on real work.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

You can talk to us about where you're applying. So, where are you applying?

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Read every single comment in the TLS c/o 2021 of last year’s applicants to see how exactly the cycle panned out. /neurotic

4850 karma

@oshun1 You are assuming I haven't already done that...

I now know I need to place a strict limit of a once a day "status tracker" check per school. You can lose hours of your life doing that :blush:

edited October 2018 4850 karma

Almost a month later. One happy acceptance, pending on 7 other apps. I've explored the dark and mysterious depths of reddit's "lawschooladmissions" and "lawschool", mylawschoolnumbers, and lawschoollife. I also check Spivey's Class of 2021 medians spreadsheet daily - looking at you Illinois - Urbana-Champaign... is it that hard to update your numbers?

I know most decisions are made late December and later, but for me, this insanity has to stop.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6y6nr7reN1rpmhcs.gif

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

At least you have one acceptance! There are others (including me) who have yet to apply, you know.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    Almost a month later. One happy acceptance, pending on 7 other apps. I've explored the dark and mysterious depths of reddit's "lawschooladmissions" and "lawschool", mylawschoolnumbers, and lawschoollife. I also check Spivey's Class of 2021 medians spreadsheet daily - looking at you Illinois - Urbana-Champaign... is it that hard to update your numbers?

I know most decisions are made late December and later, but for me, this insanity has to stop.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6y6nr7reN1rpmhcs.gif

That's not fair! "One happy acceptance..." and still complaining?! Hahahahaha, pre-law first world problems.

4850 karma

So yeah, this happened recently:

Law School Admissions person calls, "Hey LSAT_Wrecker, the committee has reviewed your application and has this very specific question about your academic history."

Me "I wrote an addendum that addresses that very specific question in quite a bit of detail."

Law School Admissions person, "Really???" Click click click.... "Oh, here it is".

Me

https://media.giphy.com/media/a9xhxAxaqOfQs/giphy.gif

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

Poor guy... You'll be okay.

If it helps, just know that you bumping this 2 month old thread sent me flying to LSAC to see if I, too, "got my score" thinking you were referring to the Nov LSAT without opening and reading the thread. Meh. That was a good one. You got me.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Ugh, I feel that. One school that had had my application for 3 weeks last year finally e-mailed me to say they didn't receive my CAS report. Uhhhhh wut? Also, why wait 3 WEEKS before you tell me that?? After like 300 phone calls, found out the school claimed they didn't have my LSAT score, and LSAC said they sent it. Finally on my last call, the school realized it was entered in one field on their end but another (apparently important) field. So, they had it the whole time. So they had my app nearly a month before they even started processing it. (And I applied late, right before the deadline in mid-February so every single day counted.) That delay ended up with me only having 2 days between acceptance and the deadline to apply for a fellowship. FML. The casualness of some things is soooo dang frustrating.