Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official July 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

studentservicestudentservice Legacy Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
in July 2019 LSAT 1421 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official July 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the July 2019 LSAT here!

Rules:

You can identify experimental sections. 🙆‍♀️
You can say things such as the following:

  • I had two LGs! Was the LG with "flowers" real or experimental?
  • I had two RCs! Was the section that starts with the honeybee passage real?
  • I had three LRs! Does anyone know if the first LR section with the goose question is real?”

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

  • Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the first LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Have fun discussing!

«134

Comments

  • KatasticKatastic Legacy Member
    190 karma

    Good morning and good luck everyone. Looking forward to checking in later.

  • CharlieHuCharlieHu Alum Member
    129 karma

    Just remember that you've been preparing for this. There will be no surprises for you. You know what to expect.

  • PomegranatePomegranate Alum Member
    568 karma

    May the force be with you! :wink:

  • LanecahaLanecaha Alum Member
    27 karma

    Good luck everyone!! Can’t believe it’s finally here. Deep breaths...

  • aguirreliz92aguirreliz92 Alum Member
    216 karma

    Good luck everyone! All roads have led us to this moment! Looking forward to hearing from everyone later on tonight.

  • cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

    I’m hearing that tests were never administered because the tablets weren’t connecting to the LSAC network properly. This happened in Tampa at at least two test sites. Students waiting around until 3pm and then getting sent away.

    So not only do we have to pay $200 to take a test full of made up bullshit because they want to gate keep so damn bad, they can’t even employ best practices when it comes to enterprising a new network. As a cyber professional, this both infuriates and tickles me. Way to go, LSAC! Your arrogance couldn’t save you this time.

  • DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

    @cqas190517 Wow are you serious!? Thats insane! I had a feeling something would mess up but I didn't think it would actually be the case. I have mine on the 21st I hope they don't mess up since its a long drive for me to the test center.

  • mjg2317mjg2317 Alum Member
    32 karma

    Yes my test was cancelled for our center because the tablets didn’t work. We were sitting for 2 1/2 hours waiting then they called it saying they were cancelling. It’s crazy they didn’t have paper back ups. They better reschedule us within a week.

  • TaylorJonesTaylorJones Legacy Member
    15 karma

    For anyone who did take it, I had three LR's. Does anyone remember a question about stickleback fish leading other fish?????

    Really hoping so because that section was easy

  • wenzhengwenzheng Legacy Member
    edited July 2019 24 karma

    @TaylorJones said:
    For anyone who did take it, I had three LR's. Does anyone remember a question about stickleback fish leading other fish?????

    Really hoping so because that section was easy

    Yeah, I hope too

  • philosoraptorphilosoraptor Member
    58 karma

    Was the 26 question LR section real?

  • JEtudiePourLSATJEtudiePourLSAT Alum Member
    37 karma

    I took the test via paper. I had three LR's but I didn't have a fish question @TaylorJones

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 77 karma

    3 LR sections. Is the one LR section talking about galaxy and planets real?

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 77 karma

    I am wondering if the section with fish question is real

  • youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

    LG Lr(25) Lr(26) rc Lr(25)

    Which Lr was experimental? The 26 LR was pretty tough

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    LR(26) LG LR(25) LR (25) RC

  • youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

    Which 25 LR was experimental?

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @username_hello need someone has 2LG/RC to figure out

  • shane.11shane.11 Alum Member
    20 karma

    Our tablets worked very well! In fact, I preferred it to the paper test. However, one of the proctors accidentally started the LG section too early so we lost 15-20 seconds... The few last seconds I needed to do my very last question!

    I thought the RC section was more difficult than others I've practiced... maybe just me.

  • youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    edited July 2019 1755 karma

    For ppl with 2 LR sections, did you have LR questions on haunted house, English trade?

  • jackhgriffith14jackhgriffith14 Alum Member
    21 karma

    @lizhuoyuan16 said:
    3 LR sections. Is the one LR section talking about galaxy and planets real?

    i had this question, cant remember if 3 or 4th section, I had LRLGLRLRRC, section 1 was tough.

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    username_hello it seems I do not have a question about haunted house. Is it possible there are different LR experimental sections?

  • SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

    @wenzheng said:

    @TaylorJones said:
    For anyone who did take it, I had three LR's. Does anyone remember a question about stickleback fish leading other fish?????

    Really hoping so because that section was easy

    Yeah, I hope too

    Unfortunately that will be an experimental section. I also had three LR sections (two back to back, sections 2 and 3---is that possible?) and that question was not on any of the three sections I had.

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @username_hello I have LR(26) LR(25) with galaxy question and LR (25) fish question

  • VanessaVanessa Alum Member
    31 karma

    @username_hello I had the haunted house question. I think there was also a question about napoleon and arsenic in that one. I had: LG LR LR RC LR

  • JEtudiePourLSATJEtudiePourLSAT Alum Member
    37 karma

    Experimenta> @jackhgriffith14 said:

    @lizhuoyuan16 said:
    3 LR sections. Is the one LR section talking about galaxy and planets real?

    i had this question, cant remember if 3 or 4th section, I had LRLGLRLRRC, section 1 was tough.

    I think I had the galaxy and planets question as well in i THINK the 3rd section (but i dont really remember!) in the same order as @jackhgriffith14 .

  • SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

    @username_hello said:
    LG Lr(25) Lr(26) rc Lr(25)

    Which Lr was experimental? The 26 LR was pretty tough

    I had that exact same format and also thought the 26 LR was pretty tough! Hoping that was the experimental.

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @Vanessa can confirm the napoleon is not real. I dont have that

  • SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

    I had three LR sections. The real reading comp and LG sectionsare:

    LG: technicians to patients, Tuesday/Wednesday robots showing
    RC: Pei and Louvre, History and General Laws, Disclosure Requirements, and Nutrition and Cancer.

    Hope that helps! For LR I had two sections with 25 Qs and one with 26, and found the 26 one the hardest and the other two relatively easy.

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @SuperMario929 is right about LG and RC

  • Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2181 karma

    LR LG LR LR RC. First LR was very difficult. Thought RC was also harder than usual. I expected them to go a little easier on RC since it’s everyones first time with the Digital format.

  • expert shoe repairexpert shoe repair Alum Member
    edited July 2019 122 karma

    LR26 - LG - LR25 / LR25 - RC.

    another testtaker from the same center reported that she had three LR25s and she's completely sure about it.

    if she is right, that would make the LR with 26 questions the experimental section for testtakers who got one with 26 questions.

    the first LR (26Qs) did seem unusually difficult.

    [edit: it seems well within the realm of possibility she was mistaken about her question counts]

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @Vanessa do you have a LR section with galaxy quetion? Or a LR section with healthy fish leaders?

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @expert shoe repair that is interesting lol

  • JEtudiePourLSATJEtudiePourLSAT Alum Member
    37 karma

    Can someone post a few words about a Q in LR with 26 Q's to joggle my memory

  • youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    edited July 2019 1755 karma

    Wait so is the 25 with haunted house, ecosystems, philosopher on ill intent, british trade, last q about someone running for office — experimental????

  • BairnOwlBairnOwl Alum Member
    61 karma

    @username_hello said:
    Wait so is the 25 with haunted house, ecosystems, philosopher on ill intent, british trade, last q about someone running for office — experimental????

    Yeah. I had 3 LR sections, but didn't have those questions.

  • expert shoe repairexpert shoe repair Alum Member
    edited July 2019 122 karma

    @lizhuoyuan16 said:
    @Vanessa do you have a LR section with galaxy quetion? Or a LR section with healthy fish leaders?

    the galaxy/star/planet question if I recall correctly was in the one of the two 25Q LR sections. which would mean (again, if the other testtaker is correct in her assertion that she had three 25Q LRs, and I remember it accurately as well) then that section for you was a scored section too!

    (this sentence is an MBT question basically)

    [edit: the plot thickens!]

  • JEtudiePourLSATJEtudiePourLSAT Alum Member
    edited July 2019 37 karma

    @username_hello said:
    Wait so is the 25 with haunted house, ecosystems, philosopher on ill intent, british trade, last q about someone running for office — experimental????

    I had that one i think as section 3 and i had 3 LR sections

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @username_hello I have 3 LR and I dont see a question with haunted house

  • SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

    @lizhuoyuan16 said:
    @Vanessa do you have a LR section with galaxy quetion? Or a LR section with healthy fish leaders?

    I had three LR sections. I did not have an LR section with healthy fish. I did have a galaxy-related question about radiation of stars (not sure if that counts as "galaxy").

    Questions I sort of remember:
    LR25: Lemurs and primates, turtles and acidic water,
    LR26: somehow can't remember any but it was pretty difficult I thought!
    LR25: british port, chinese tea, political parties and voting, trucks and insurance, elementary schools (two different questions with different stims), Napoleon and arsenic, haunted house, air pollution and rain, (from what I've read, this seems to be the experimental)

  • christinagomez7738christinagomez7738 Alum Member
    120 karma

    really weird but I took the lsat a couple months ago and one of the logical reasoning sections that I had in today’s test was almost exactly the same as the lr I had a few months ago, (one a few months ago was not disclosed) some with exactly the same questions. I was thinking some questions were way too familiar. I can only specifically remember a question about rats sometime in the past causing a disease called sweat sickness or something & something about it’s host and the disease coming back in modern times, and another one having to do with monkeys or gorillas and their thumbs (maybe something about higher and
    lower level primates) ?? Terrible summary on my part but did anyone have those questions ?? Does anyone know if it’s experimental ??

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @SuperMario929 I am sure for me there is no question about haunted house and napoleon. It looks like the girl who said there are 3LR(25) is wrong

  • tpmeade24tpmeade24 Monthly Member
    49 karma

    Like some other posters here I thought the RC section was unusually tough - especially the comparative passage. Though not sure if it was the passages themselves or the questions that were harder (right now it all still feels like such a blur) but I'm 90% certain I'll be retaking in October.

    Also, curious if anyone else had this problem: our testing center had the SMALLEST desks imaginable! We were assigned the tablet version, and juggling the Tablet (which consistently slid around due to the slope of the tiny folding desk surface) and the scrap-booklet on the small surface was almost more difficult than any part of the test itself! My tablet actually slid off my desk at one point and I caught it mid-air (avoiding one tragedy) but the mishap shook me so hard I mistook the (relatively simple) LG for a more complex type - and wasted a solid 6 minutes (and thus fell face-first into a tragedy much more personally damaging.)

  • expert shoe repairexpert shoe repair Alum Member
    122 karma

    @christinagomez7738 said:
    really weird but I took the lsat a couple months ago and one of the logical reasoning sections that I had in today’s test was almost exactly the same as the lr I had a few months ago, (one a few months ago was not disclosed) some with exactly the same questions. I was thinking some questions were way too familiar. I can only specifically remember a question about rats sometime in the past causing a disease called sweat sickness or something & something about it’s host and the disease coming back in modern times, and another one having to do with monkeys or gorillas and their thumbs (maybe something about higher and
    lower level primates) ?? Terrible summary on my part but did anyone have those questions ?? Does anyone know if it’s experimental ??

    among the three LR sections I got, none of them included these questions. which would make that one the experimental section for your test.

    it appears different people get different experimental LR sections too. that makes sense.

  • VanessaVanessa Alum Member
    31 karma

    @lizhuoyuan16 I think I remember something about galaxies but not fishbones... :/

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @"expert shoe repair" said:

    @christinagomez7738 said:
    really weird but I took the lsat a couple months ago and one of the logical reasoning sections that I had in today’s test was almost exactly the same as the lr I had a few months ago, (one a few months ago was not disclosed) some with exactly the same questions. I was thinking some questions were way too familiar. I can only specifically remember a question about rats sometime in the past causing a disease called sweat sickness or something & something about it’s host and the disease coming back in modern times, and another one having to do with monkeys or gorillas and their thumbs (maybe something about higher and
    lower level primates) ?? Terrible summary on my part but did anyone have those questions ?? Does anyone know if it’s experimental ??

    among the three LR sections I got, none of them included these questions. which would make that one the experimental section for your test.

    it appears different people get different experimental LR sections too. that makes sense.

    I think the real LR sections would be LR (26) and LG (25) with galaxy and planets

  • Rearea999999Rearea999999 Alum Member
    77 karma

    @Vanessa it was something about replica fish. I think this is an experimental

  • KatasticKatastic Legacy Member
    190 karma

    I had LR LR LG LR RC
    Also had questions on Napoleon, Galaxy and stars, Chinese ceramics. First LR was the hardest and I believe that was the one with Driver's Ed question. I actually did ok on RC I think.

  • foreverconfusedforeverconfused Alum Member
    122 karma

    I had LG LR LR RC LR

Sign In or Register to comment.