Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official July 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

@christinagomez7738 said:
    really weird but I took the lsat a couple months ago and one of the logical reasoning sections that I had in today’s test was almost exactly the same as the lr I had a few months ago, (one a few months ago was not disclosed) some with exactly the same questions. I was thinking some questions were way too familiar. I can only specifically remember a question about rats sometime in the past causing a disease called sweat sickness or something & something about it’s host and the disease coming back in modern times, and another one having to do with monkeys or gorillas and their thumbs (maybe something about higher and
    lower level primates) ?? Terrible summary on my part but did anyone have those questions ?? Does anyone know if it’s experimental ??

That is so weird! Those were either in section 2 or 3 for me, and I believe that both of those are confirmed as real sections now. The primates one was about thumbs and lemurs and lower/upper primates as evolutionarily related.

• Rearea999999Rearea999999 Member
    77 karma

@SuperMario929 Strange I dont recall a question about thumbs and lemurs. Maybe I dont remember it correctly

• VegaHedgingVegaHedging Alum Member
    111 karma

Had 3 LRs(1st, 3rd and 4th), the 1st one had 26 questions. So the second one( sperm whales, a sing zebra with b/w camouflage) and the last one (haunted house) which one was experimental guys?

• prelawdreamer123prelawdreamer123 Free Trial Member
    58 karma

So.... what are we all expecting for this curve?

• MJGspiceMJGspice Alum Member
    147 karma

is the LR with microeconomics and statistics courses as the 2nd to last question real? It was 25 questions. any one else have that? I als had LG LR LR RC LR

• murphysarahkatherinemurphysarahkatherine Free Trial Member
    12 karma

First time taking the LSAT; my center got the paper version. I had LR/LG/LR/LR/RC. I thought the third LR section was the most difficult so I'm hoping that it was experimental. Otherwise, I found the exam to be pretty straightforward? At this point I either did very well or very poorly.

464 karma

@MJGspice said:
    is the LR with microeconomics and statistics courses as the 2nd to last question real? It was 25 questions. any one else have that? I als had LG LR LR RC LR

I believe it was real. I had three LR sections but that question was in a section that I think is confirmed as non-experimental.

• Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
    275 karma

I had LG-LR(25)-LR(26)-RC-LR(25).
    Don’t remember anything from the first LR section. Had a lactose intolerant question for the second LR, I think. The third LR had CFCs(?) and damage to the ozone layer, haunted house/chambers, Napoleon, and voting/wining campaign.

147 karma

thanks> @SuperMario929 said:

@MJGspice said:

I believe it was real. I had three LR sections but that question was in a section that I think is confirmed as non-experimental.

thanks

• frankgmffrankgmf Alum Member
    19 karma

@"shane.11" said:
    Our tablets worked very well! In fact, I preferred it to the paper test. However, one of the proctors accidentally started the LG section too early so we lost 15-20 seconds... The few last seconds I needed to do my very last question!

I thought the RC section was more difficult than others I've practiced... maybe just me.

This same thing happened to me on LG! I missed answering 2 questions because of it.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@nycgal123 said:

I’m expecting -11 or -10. But I guess the digital format might help it? Lol wishful thinking?

• christinagomez7738christinagomez7738 Alum Member
    120 karma

@SuperMario929 said:

really weird but I took the lsat a couple months ago and one of the logical reasoning sections that I had in today’s test was almost exactly the same as the lr I had a few months ago, (one a few months ago was not disclosed) some with exactly the same questions. I was thinking some questions were way too familiar. I can only specifically remember a question about rats sometime in the past causing a disease called sweat sickness or something & something about it’s host and the disease coming back in modern times, and another one having to do with monkeys or gorillas and their thumbs (maybe something about higher and
    lower level primates) ?? Terrible summary on my part but did anyone have those questions ?? Does anyone know if it’s experimental ??

That is so weird! Those were either in section 2 or 3 for me, and I believe that both of those are confirmed as real sections now. The primates one was about thumbs and lemurs and lower/upper primates as evolutionarily related.
    well I hope it was the real one because it was easy compared to the other logical reasoning sections. But if other people say they didn’t have it then doesn’t that mean it was in fact experimental ? :( I had LG LR LR RC LR.

58 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" I was thinking that along with the possibility that many test takers taking it not fully prepared provided it's a freebie... was hoping -14 as that has been the case with more generous LSATs in the past 10 years haha

• yz2686yz2686 Alum Member
    9 karma

Does anyone know if it's true that all test takers(including the ones who take take the paper test) will get to see the score before canceling? Or does it only apply to digital takers?

58 karma

@yz2686 All test takers!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited July 2019 737 karma

Can anyone who had LG-LR-LR-RC-LR confirm which was experimental??

Edit: Looking like the second LR was in fact real. Seemed way harder than the others and I had to guess on 4-5. Ouch.

• SteFunny-1-1-1SteFunny-1-1-1 Core Member
    224 karma

I am on board with this wishful thinking lol

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@nycgal123 said:

I’m expecting -11 or -10. But I guess the digital format might help it? Lol wishful thinking?

464 karma

@ExcludedMiddle said:

Edit: Looking like the second LR was in fact real. Seemed way harder than the others and I had to guess on 4-5. Ouch.

I had the same format. LG - LR(25) - LR(26) - RC - LR(25). From what I have parsed together, it seems that the final one was experimental (Haunted House, Napoleon, voters and political parties as the final question).

On the other hand, I didn't think you could have scored LRs back-to-back with no break in between? Was that rule changed a while ago? Thanks!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

@SuperMario929 said:

@ExcludedMiddle said:

I had the same format. LG - LR(25) - LR(26) - RC - LR(25). From what I have parsed together, it seems that the final one was experimental (Haunted House, Napoleon, voters and political parties as the final question).

On the other hand, I didn't think you could have scored LRs back-to-back with no break in between? Was that rule changed a while ago? Thanks!

I wasn't aware of any such rule, but generally it seems like when LR is experimental it breaks up the two real sections. So I'm a little surprised that the second LR was supposedly real.

• foreverconfusedforeverconfused Alum Member
    123 karma

@yz2686 said:
    Does anyone know if it's true that all test takers(including the ones who take take the paper test) will get to see the score before canceling? Or does it only apply to digital takers?

Yes, it applies to all test takers. As per the LSAC, "test takers will have the opportunity to see their score and will have five days to decide whether they wish to cancel it. Those who decide to cancel will have the option of retaking the test one time free of charge in the 2019–2020 testing cycle, which extends through April 2020."

• foreverconfusedforeverconfused Alum Member
    123 karma

@SuperMario929 said:

@ExcludedMiddle said:

I had the same format of LG- LR- LR- RC- LR. I found a couple questions of the last LR (section 5) that didnt make any sense.

• HairyTurtleHairyTurtle Alum Member
    62 karma

I’m going to post this because I’ve seen 3 different answers so far. LR (26) LG LR (25) LR (25) RC

For those with only two LR’s - did either have 26 questions?

• wenzhengwenzheng Member
    24 karma

@SuperMario929 said:

@wenzheng said:

@TaylorJones said:
    For anyone who did take it, I had three LR's. Does anyone remember a question about stickleback fish leading other fish?????

Really hoping so because that section was easy

Yeah, I hope too

Unfortunately that will be an experimental section. I also had three LR sections (two back to back, sections 2 and 3---is that possible?) and that question was not on any of the three sections I had.

Oh. That really sucks...the second LR was very challenging ;(

• lizziealizziea Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@SuperMario929 said:

I had 3 LR sections and none of them had a question about rats or the thumbs of gorillas.

edited July 2019 14 karma

I had LR LG LR LR RC.

edited July 2019 14 karma

l

• nestbt01nestbt01 Alum Member
    26 karma

Does ANYONE concrete know the experimental section?

• elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
    269 karma

Had the same setup as @Vanessa and can vouch for those LR questions she mentioned.

Congrats to those who did well! I’ll be retaking in Sep!

• FARROWFARROW Alum Member
    4 karma

Also had hard LR 26, normal LR 25 25. So much hope the first is experimental...

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

Who had the LR-LG-LR-LR-RC test? Did you find the 3rd LR significantly harder than the first two (I did) I am guessing that is the experimental one, hoping for confirmation.

• kjsmith914kjsmith914 Alum Member
    226 karma

@lizziea we had the same test. I found games to be super easy, LR tough and the 2nd RC passage awful

• ZCimringZCimring Alum Member
    edited July 2019 48 karma

This was my first LSAT. Thank you 7sage. I felt very prepared and confident. I had the LR (26), LG, LR(25), LR(25), RC on digital. Found the first three sections very straight forward. I was shocked on the games how there really wasn’t any curve balls. I think it was the easiest game section on any test I’ve done. I thought the third LR after the break was extremely difficult. Way more difficult than the others. And the reading comp was by far one of the hardest sections I’ve ever done. can someone please confirm the experimental section? I’m freaking out a bit haha. Congrats everyone.

• kimia.mdikimia.mdi Alum Member
    23 karma

I had LR LR LG LR RC
    The first LR was brutal.> @SuperMario929 said:

I had three LR sections. The real reading comp and LG sectionsare:

LG: technicians to patients, Tuesday/Wednesday robots showing
    RC: Pei and Louvre, History and General Laws, Disclosure Requirements, and Nutrition and Cancer.

Hope that helps! For LR I had two sections with 25 Qs and one with 26, and found the 26 one the hardest and the other two relatively easy.

I had the same test as you!! I found the LR (26) the hardest as well; hence, I am hoping it was the experimental!

• Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
    652 karma

Paper Test @ Mobile Marriott Hotel in Mobile, AL.

LR, LG, LR, LR, RC (I think that was the order).

Fun fact: the 3rd party testing company that administered mine had NO idea about digital vs paper. I looked at the guy when he sat me down and i was like digital or paper? He gave me a side look and answered weirdly...paper? Guess they didn’t know the world was ending today. Needless to say I breathed a deep breath and knew I would be familiar at least.

I must say that the RC was incredibly difficult, especially the A & B one...my god I just gave up on that one and persevered. French one was a lot of inferences. Other two were straight forward.

LG was manageable, if you were able to figure out the set ups relatively quickly.

I found that all 3 of the LR’s were similar difficulty. Medium level of I had to guess, nothing TOO ridiculous.

• BeylawnceBeylawnce Alum Member
    53 karma

I also had LG LR(25) LR (26) RC & LR (25).

Really praying the last LR was a real one!

But I can’t remember which questions were in which section.

• 13 karma

@philosoraptor said:
    Was the 26 question LR section real?

I hope not. I was hoping the two 25 question were real and the 26 was experimental

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Just dropping by to wish everyone the best! Remember you are NOT your score, and how you feel about how you did is NOT always accurate. The test is over and take some well earned relaxation time!!

• abolitionistabolitionist Member
    24 karma

I had LG, LR (26), LR (26), RC, LR (25). Hoping the experimental was the 2nd or the 3rd LR sections-- they were both pretty tough! the 25 question LR was fairly straightforward. RC comparative passage was insane. LG were really straight forward!

• 13 karma

@HairyTurtle said:
    I’m going to post this because I’ve seen 3 different answers so far. LR (26) LG LR (25) LR (25) RC

For those with only two LR’s - did either have 26 questions?

Someone answer this please!!!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Just dropping by to wish everyone the best! Remember you are NOT your score, and how you feel about how you did is NOT always accurate. The test is over and take some well earned relaxation time!!

147 karma

@abolitionist said:
    I had LG, LR (26), LR (26), RC, LR (25). Hoping the experimental was the 2nd or the 3rd LR sections-- they were both pretty tough! the 25 question LR was fairly straightforward. RC comparative passage was insane. LG were really straight forward!

If he had 2 (26) sections then it is confirmed that those of us who had 1 (26), that section was real

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

LG (wtf with Game 1?) LR, LR, RC (didn't think it was bad), LR (hardest; experimental?). Digital but NO stylus. Ziltch. Nada. Fingers only. Sweaty fingers. Boo. I had to poke at the screen several times to start each section and the highlighter didn't work as well, often highlighting words other than the ones I was going for...anyone think that's worth a formal complaint? Would it do any good? But I absolutely gained time by not having to bubble. I was somehow able to spend the final one minute of all 3 LR sections closing my eyes and breathing. It was the first time ever that I had a full Round 2 for RC, which took the sting out of it.I love that the passages weren't science jargon heavy. Hoping we can all discuss Game 1 at some point because it was my Achilles' heel. The rest of the Games weren't easy, but they made sense. Not being able to visualize and instinctively set up Game 1 had me totally frazzled.

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

jcr3ruvirginia.edu I had your test and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but from what I am reading some other people had two LR sections with 26 which would make our LR with 26 a real section.

• Mike_RossMike_Ross Alum Member Sage
    3106 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    LG (wtf with Game 1?) LR, LR, RC (didn't think it was bad), LR (hardest; experimental?). Digital but NO stylus. Ziltch. Nada. Fingers only. Sweaty fingers. Boo. I had to poke at the screen several times to start each section and the highlighter didn't work as well, often highlighting words other than the ones I was going for...anyone think that's worth a formal complaint? Would it do any good? But I absolutely gained time by not having to bubble. I was somehow able to spend the final one minute of all 3 LR sections closing my eyes and breathing. It was the first time ever that I had a full Round 2 for RC, which took the sting out of it.I love that the passages weren't science jargon heavy. Hoping we can all discuss Game 1 at some point because it was my Achilles' heel. The rest of the Games weren't easy, but they made sense. Not being able to visualize and instinctively set up Game 1 had me totally frazzled.

Are you referring to the classrooms game with a rule like G cannot he next to P and another rule like: O_ _ P ?

• arman_65arman_65 Alum Member
    252 karma

LG,LR,LR,RC,LR.Second LR was 26 questions. The 26 question LR was hard and kinda unusual logic imo, I thought it was experimental when doing it.

• abolitionistabolitionist Member
    24 karma

@MJGspice said:

@abolitionist said:

If he had 2 (26) sections then it is confirmed that those of us who had 1 (26), that section was real

**she

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

I had LG LR LR RC LR

To be honest, I just hope it's not the last LR. I don't really remember much from it, but I do remember the other LR. I had the fish leading question, acidic rain questions, universe questions, but no haunted house question that I remember.

821 karma

Hey! I had 3 LR as well.
    I also remember the Lemurs and primates, tulles, and acidic water.
    I remember the trucks and insurance, but I don't really remember Napolean or haunted house. But I remember air pollution, so I'm confused if some of the questions overlapped or if I just forgot them.

My worst section was LR26 then... LR25:

@SuperMario929 said:

@lizhuoyuan16 said:
    @Vanessa do you have a LR section with galaxy quetion? Or a LR section with healthy fish leaders?

I had three LR sections. I did not have an LR section with healthy fish. I did have a galaxy-related question about radiation of stars (not sure if that counts as "galaxy").

Questions I sort of remember:
    LR25: Lemurs and primates, turtles and acidic water,
    LR26: somehow can't remember any but it was pretty difficult I thought!
    LR25: british port, chinese tea, political parties and voting, trucks and insurance, elementary schools (two different questions with different stims), Napoleon and arsenic, haunted house, air pollution and rain, (from what I've read, this seems to be the experimental)

821 karma

And for the last game where, I placed the Q letter in 4 instead of 5. So I don't know how much that would mess me up...so upset with myself honestly.

• AntoineEGAntoineEG Member
    26 karma

@username_hello said:
    Wait so is the 25 with haunted house, ecosystems, philosopher on ill intent, british trade, last q about someone running for office — experimental????

Possibly. I remember ecosystems affecting well being, Philosophers and stable countries, but do not remember the British trade, haunted houses, or someone running for office.