Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official July 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• christian.mckinnon.15christian.mckinnon.15 Alum Member
    14 karma

Haven’t seen this posted yet, but was the history RC terrible or what? That one messed me up bad.

• foreverconfusedforeverconfused Alum Member
    123 karma

@"christian.mckinnon.15" said:
    Haven’t seen this posted yet, but was the history RC terrible or what? That one messed me up bad.

The RC was tough!

• maxbbarb7maxbbarb7 Alum Member
    182 karma

Hello everyone. I had in order.... LG, LR(25), LR(26), RC, LR(25)..... I can't remember specific questions for each section. I would like to know which one of these LR(25) sections was real? I hope the last was experimental.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I thought the games were a little hard. I am someone who usually gets 22 or 23, but I really struggled today and felt like I missed at least a few. Maybe it was because it was section 1. It was discouraging. Already looking forward to September!

• prelawdreamer123prelawdreamer123 Free Trial Member
    58 karma

@maxbbarb7 I so agree with this! I found RC to be unusually easy, perhaps because I'm not as invested when I take practice tests as I was during the actual exam (lol) but I almost always get -0 to -2 on LG and found it to be very challenging today. My big problem was I didn't finish so I had to guess on the last 2. For this reason alone I was strongly considering doing a full LG section immediately before the next exam.

• Mother-In-LawMother-In-Law Alum Member
    31 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    I’m hearing that tests were never administered because the tablets weren’t connecting to the LSAC network properly. This happened in Tampa at at least two test sites. Students waiting around until 3pm and then getting sent away.

So not only do we have to pay $200 to take a test full of made up bullshit because they want to gate keep so damn bad, they can’t even employ best practices when it comes to enterprising a new network. As a cyber professional, this both infuriates and tickles me. Way to go, LSAC! Your arrogance couldn’t save you this time.

We waited around until about 2-ish and were finally able to test. None of the tablets were fully charged and they only had about 4 chargers for the 100+ tablets that they sent. It was unbelievable....literally!

• maxbbarb7maxbbarb7 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 182 karma

@nycgal123 Yes, it was so discouraging. I also guessed on the last 2, but I didn't feel good for some other answers either. I struggled on games 2 and 3. So sad

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

@"Mother-In-Law" said:

@cqas190517 said:
    I’m hearing that tests were never administered because the tablets weren’t connecting to the LSAC network properly. This happened in Tampa at at least two test sites. Students waiting around until 3pm and then getting sent away.

So not only do we have to pay $200 to take a test full of made up bullshit because they want to gate keep so damn bad, they can’t even employ best practices when it comes to enterprising a new network. As a cyber professional, this both infuriates and tickles me. Way to go, LSAC! Your arrogance couldn’t save you this time.

We waited around until about 2-ish and were finally able to test. None of the tablets were fully charged and they only had about 4 chargers for the 100+ tablets that they sent. It was unbelievable....literally!

Were you in McKinney, TX? That's what happened at my place. My room didn't get going until 2:30 - 2:45

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2019 796 karma

Did anyone NOT have an LR question about conspiracy theories? Just wanna make sure that was experimental. (I had LG LR LR RC LR, and this was the last section).

Or alternatively, was that the same section with haunted houses? I believe I had a question about haunted houses and that’s been confirmed as experimental but I can’t remember which section that was on.

• Mike_RossMike_Ross Alum Member Sage
    3106 karma

@Princess said:
    I had LG LR LR RC LR

To be honest, I just hope it's not the last LR. I don't really remember much from it, but I do remember the other LR. I had the fish leading question, acidic rain questions, universe questions, but no haunted house question that I remember.

Yup I thought the LR with 26 was tough and I’m pretty sure it was a real section

I didn’t have anything about haunted house or acidic rains

• ZCimringZCimring Alum Member
    48 karma

How does the curve work? I’m new to this

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

@Mike_Ross said:

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    LG (wtf with Game 1?) LR, LR, RC (didn't think it was bad), LR (hardest; experimental?). Digital but NO stylus. Ziltch. Nada. Fingers only. Sweaty fingers. Boo. I had to poke at the screen several times to start each section and the highlighter didn't work as well, often highlighting words other than the ones I was going for...anyone think that's worth a formal complaint? Would it do any good? But I absolutely gained time by not having to bubble. I was somehow able to spend the final one minute of all 3 LR sections closing my eyes and breathing. It was the first time ever that I had a full Round 2 for RC, which took the sting out of it.I love that the passages weren't science jargon heavy. Hoping we can all discuss Game 1 at some point because it was my Achilles' heel. The rest of the Games weren't easy, but they made sense. Not being able to visualize and instinctively set up Game 1 had me totally frazzled.

Are you referring to the classrooms game with a rule like G cannot he next to P and another rule like: O_ _ P ?

It was the rooms in a house (closer/further), including a laundromat and a kitchen. What confused me was that yes, there was O _ _ P, but then 2 of the rules were about adjacency. So I couldn't figure out if that meant odd and even slots were adjacent to each other, or if we should map it out like the floor plan of a house. Why distinguish between things being closer and further versus being adjacent if they mean the same thing?

• avandermillenavandermillen Alum Member
    13 karma

What did everyone think of the LG section today? I felt surprisingly good about it (LG is my worst section by far) and was wondering other peoples perspectives?

• expert shoe repairexpert shoe repair Alum Member
    edited July 2019 122 karma

one thing that is fascinating about this administration is that all the testtakers I've talked to (around seven) today at the center and every single person reporting in on this thread is saying that they had three LR sections, albeit with different experimental sections for different people. could it be that all testtakers today got three LRs?

never seen this happen before!

• mattsotomattsoto Alum Member
    16 karma

I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC in that order.

LR(26)- Really difficult for me. Seems to be very similar to the other LRs in the 80s, which I haven't adjusted to yet.

LG(23)- Pretty easy. I only struggled on one question(Last question of the first set. Replacing rules. Skipped initially and didnt have enough time to break down all the choices).

LR(25) Really easy. Only circled 4 questions, all within the first 16 questions. Had time to double check the first two. Really similar to older test like those in the 50s.

LR(25) Average. Questions started getting hard for me at like q17. Similar to test in the 60s/70s.

RC(27) Average/Hard. I generally struggle on all RC sections but I didn't find this to be any harder than the average test. I had to guess a decent amount on the first two passages but the last two were pretty easy.

Really hoping the second LR passage is NOT experimental because I think I did extremely well on it.

• GoldDiamondGoldDiamond Alum Member
    53 karma

@lizziea said:
    I had LR LG LR LR RC.

I had the same format. I found the 3rd LR to be the easiest. I hope it wasn’t experimental.

• lsatjourneylsatjourney Member
    207 karma

I had Digital but LG, LR, RC, LR, LR!

WAS IT JUST ME OR THE GAME SECTION WAS SUPER EASYYy!

• kaikdamekaikdame Core Member
    77 karma

@SuperMario929 said:

@wenzheng said:

@TaylorJones said:
    For anyone who did take it, I had three LR's. Does anyone remember a question about stickleback fish leading other fish?????

Really hoping so because that section was easy

Yeah, I hope too

Unfortunately that will be an experimental section. I also had three LR sections (two back to back, sections 2 and 3---is that possible?) and that question was not on any of the three sections I had.

I had back to back LR 2/3 too!

16 karma

This is what i've gathered from reading this forum page.

For those who had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

1: 26 questions
    3: 25 questions (sperm whales, zebra camouflage)
    4: 25 questions (haunted house, Napoleon, Ozone damage, voting campaign.

Multiple people have reported not having questions about the haunted house/chambers and Napoleon questions. Looks like this was the experimental section.

These are the questions that I can remember:

Did not have:
    Sickleback fish leading other fish, Lemurs and primates

Cant remember:
    Philosopher on ill intent. ecosystems

Did have:
    Haunted house, English trade, Napoleon, Arsenic, Planets/stars, atmosphere & ozone(na?), Chinese tea, macroeconomics and statistics(mbt),

• kjsmith914kjsmith914 Alum Member
    226 karma

@"christian.mckinnon.15" said:

It was horrible. You're not alone lol.
    Luckily RC was my last section, so I didn't have how horrible that section was weighing on me throughout the rest of the test.

• remst43remst43 Member
    6 karma

Nice summary of the test version I also took. Just wanted to comment on your impeccable memory... ;)

@"kimia.mdi" said:
    I had LR LR LG LR RC
    The first LR was brutal.> @SuperMario929 said:

I had three LR sections. The real reading comp and LG sectionsare:

LG: technicians to patients, Tuesday/Wednesday robots showing
    RC: Pei and Louvre, History and General Laws, Disclosure Requirements, and Nutrition and Cancer.

Hope that helps! For LR I had two sections with 25 Qs and one with 26, and found the 26 one the hardest and the other two relatively easy.

I had the same test as you!! I found the LR (26) the hardest as well; hence, I am hoping it was the experimental!

• MichaelTXMichaelTX Alum Member
    edited July 2019 103 karma

I had LG LR LR RC LR (Digital) at McKinney TX where we had tablets that were not charged enough. Props to the proctors in our room as they handled it as well as you could hope. We started a little late but nonetheless we did start and complete the test. Evidently the proctors also knew well ahead of time that their location would be digital.....guess we could have called a couple of weeks ago and asked!

In LR I DID have:
    Lemur/oppsoing thumbs
    Stickle fish experiment
    Sperm whales
    Europa (moon of Jupiter) craters smoothing out
    Econometrics/Statistics class
    Acidic sea water
    bleached coral
    Green tomatoes

In LR I DID NOT have:
    Zebra
    English trade
    Haunted House
    Napolean
    Arsenic
    Chinese tea
    trucks and insurance
    Ozone

• fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
    404 karma

I definitely DID NOT have this section lol

@username_hello said:
    Wait so is the 25 with haunted house, ecosystems, philosopher on ill intent, british trade, last q about someone running for office — experimental????

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 464 karma

@MichaelTX said:
    I had LG LR LR RC LR (Digital) at McKinney TX where we had tablets that were not charged enough. Props to the proctors in our room as they handled it as well as you could hope. We started a little late but nonetheless we did start and complete the test. Evidently the proctors also knew well ahead of time that their location would be digital.....guess we could have called a couple of weeks ago and asked!

In LR I DID have:
    Lemur/oppsoing thumbs
    Stickle fish experiment
    Sperm whales
    Acidic sea water
    bleached coral
    Green tomatoes

In LR I DID NOT have:
    Zebra
    English trade
    Haunted House
    Napolean
    Arsenic
    Chinese tea
    trucks and insurance
    Ozone

I had the same test and I think, from the breakdown, that the final section for us was experimental and we had different ones. I had English trade/Haunted House/Napoleon and Arsenic/Chinese tea/Trucks and insurance/Ozone in that section (but no Zebra fish).

However, some of our other LR questions don't entirely match up. I generally had your list, except for Stickle fish experiments, the Europa craters, and green tomatoes. Is it possible that they mixed the questions around between sections?

P.S. I had a paper version, so it would seem that digital and paper are generally similar!

• thedramallamathedramallama Member
    103 karma

@zacharytsmith26 said:
    Who had the LR-LG-LR-LR-RC test? Did you find the 3rd LR significantly harder than the first two (I did) I am guessing that is the experimental one, hoping for confirmation.

I did! My 3rd LR had a question about coffeehouses and people on reddit are saying this section was experimental

16 karma

@MichaelTX said:

In LR I DID have:
    Lemur/oppsoing thumbs
    Stickle fish experiment
    Sperm whales
    Acidic sea water
    bleached coral
    Green tomatoes

In LR I DID NOT have:
    Zebra
    English trade
    Haunted House
    Napolean
    Arsenic
    Chinese tea
    trucks and insurance
    Ozone

Of the ones you mentioned, I didnt have: Lemur/opposing thumbs, stickle fish, Europe, and Green tomatoes.

im assuming these were all in the same section for you?

• thedramallamathedramallama Member
    103 karma

@lizziea said:

@SuperMario929 said:

@christinagomez7738 said:
    really weird but I took the lsat a couple months ago and one of the logical reasoning sections that I had in today’s test was almost exactly the same as the lr I had a few months ago, (one a few months ago was not disclosed) some with exactly the same questions. I was thinking some questions were way too familiar. I can only specifically remember a question about rats sometime in the past causing a disease called sweat sickness or something & something about it’s host and the disease coming back in modern times, and another one having to do with monkeys or gorillas and their thumbs (maybe something about higher and
    lower level primates) ?? Terrible summary on my part but did anyone have those questions ?? Does anyone know if it’s experimental ??

That is so weird! Those were either in section 2 or 3 for me, and I believe that both of those are confirmed as real sections now. The primates one was about thumbs and lemurs and lower/upper primates as evolutionarily related.

I had 3 LR sections and none of them had a question about rats or the thumbs of gorillas.

Me as well. I didn't have any questions about rats or thumbs of gorillas.

• hzheng73hzheng73 Free Trial Member
    16 karma

@TaylorJones said:
    For anyone who did take it, I had three LR's. Does anyone remember a question about stickleback fish leading other fish?????

I didn't remember getting this question so prob it was experimental

3106 karma

@mattsoto said:
    I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC in that order.

LR(26)- Really difficult for me. Seems to be very similar to the other LRs in the 80s, which I haven't adjusted to yet.

LG(23)- Pretty easy. I only struggled on one question(Last question of the first set. Replacing rules. Skipped initially and didnt have enough time to break down all the choices).

LR(25) Really easy. Only circled 4 questions, all within the first 16 questions. Had time to double check the first two. Really similar to older test like those in the 50s.

LR(25) Average. Questions started getting hard for me at like q17. Similar to test in the 60s/70s.

RC(27) Average/Hard. I generally struggle on all RC sections but I didn't find this to be any harder than the average test. I had to guess a decent amount on the first two passages but the last two were pretty easy.

Really hoping the second LR passage is NOT experimental because I think I did extremely well on it.

I had the same one and the same reaction to it

Yup the 26 was tough

16 karma

@Vanessa said:
    @username_hello I had the haunted house question. I think there was also a question about napoleon and arsenic in that one. I had: LG LR LR RC LR

I had the same order as yours

16 karma

@christinagomez7738 said:
    really weird but I took the lsat a couple months ago and one of the logical reasoning sections that I had in today’s test was almost exactly the same as the lr I had a few months ago, (one a few months ago was not disclosed) some with exactly the same questions. I was thinking some questions were way too familiar. I can only specifically remember a question about rats sometime in the past causing a disease called sweat sickness or something & something about it’s host and the disease coming back in modern times, and another one having to do with monkeys or gorillas and their thumbs (maybe something about higher and
    lower level primates) ?? Terrible summary on my part but did anyone have those questions ?? Does anyone know if it’s experimental ??

I had 3 LR sections and had the two questions that you mentioned, but I didn't know if that was experimental (so far it seems like the Napoleon and haunted house section is experimental and I had those too... )

464 karma

I know we are all stressing about the "which LR section was experimental" issue, but also quick shout-out to JY's strategy of answering questions after reading Passage A of the comparative RC passage. Everyone on Reddit is complaining about how hard the passage was--and it was a really hard section--but using the elimination method reduced answer choices to 1-2 possibilities before I even read Passage B (with the exception of two questions that were passage B dependent). The strategy helped a ton!

• AntoineEGAntoineEG Member
    26 karma

@"expert shoe repair" said:
    one thing that is fascinating about this administration is that all the testtakers I've talked to (around seven) today at the center and every single person reporting in on this thread is saying that they had three LR sections, albeit with different experimental sections for different people. could it be that all testtakers today got three LRs?

never seen this happen before!

Everyone on reddit is saying that they got 3 LR sections.

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

@thedramallama said:

@zacharytsmith26 said:
    Who had the LR-LG-LR-LR-RC test? Did you find the 3rd LR significantly harder than the first two (I did) I am guessing that is the experimental one, hoping for confirmation.

I did! My 3rd LR had a question about coffeehouses and people on reddit are saying this section was experimental

Good to hear, I was pretty sure it was experimental while I was doing it. To be honest I cannot remember which questions were in which section.

• fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
    404 karma

@mattsoto said:

Of the ones you mentioned, I didnt have: Lemur/opposing thumbs, stickle fish, Europe, and Green tomatoes.

darn... I felt like that was my "best" section; I had those questions and they were all in the same section for me

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited July 2019 2689 karma

@mattsoto said:

@MichaelTX said:

In LR I DID have:
    Lemur/oppsoing thumbs
    Stickle fish experiment
    Sperm whales
    Acidic sea water
    bleached coral
    Green tomatoes

In LR I DID NOT have:
    Zebra
    English trade
    Haunted House
    Napolean
    Arsenic
    Chinese tea
    trucks and insurance
    Ozone

Had the Lr LG layout on tablet.
    For my LR: Had the sticklefish,zebras and their stripes, Europa's ground, pop music, trucks and insurance, bleached coral, green tomatoes, cougars/smiladons/lions, sharks and cancer, children craning necks at computers at school, SUVs and risky behavior, celestial bodies and light, two stars in distant Galaxy, whales and their ancestors, Mars colonization problems, and pollution causing rain. But there was nothing on lemurs and thumbs. No Napolean or haunted house either.
    I'm noticing that maybe they had more than two versions, as some of us are reporting back different combinations of what we did and didn't get. Im sure there werent any about monkeys. I made a joke about that a while back and I would have remembered that question.

16 karma

@AudaciousRed said:

For my LR: Had the sticklefish,zebras and their stripes, Europa's ground, pop music, trucks and insurance, bleached coral, green tomatoes, cougars/smiladons/lions, sharks and cancer, children craning necks at computers at school, SUVs and risky behavior, celestial bodies and light, two stars in distant Galaxy, whales and their ancestors, Mars colonization problems, and pollution causing rain. But there was nothing on lemurs and thumbs. No Napolean or haunted house either.
    I'm noticing that maybe they had more than two versions, as some of us are reporting back different combinations of what we did and didn't get. Im sure there werent any about monkeys. I made a joke about that a while back and I would have remembered that question.

There are definitely multiple versions of the experimental section. I think at this point it comes down to whether people in the same format/order had the experiment section in different orders.

For example: LR(26)-LG-LR-LR(experimental)-RC AND LR(26)-LG-LR(experimental)-LR-RC.
    in this scenario, people had the same order of sections but some had the experimental section as their third section while others had it as their fourth section.

No clue if that is true but I am convinced that the fourth section(3rd LR) was the experimental section for me.

464 karma

@AudaciousRed said:

@mattsoto said:

@MichaelTX said:

In LR I DID have:
    Lemur/oppsoing thumbs
    Stickle fish experiment
    Sperm whales
    Acidic sea water
    bleached coral
    Green tomatoes

In LR I DID NOT have:
    Zebra
    English trade
    Haunted House
    Napolean
    Arsenic
    Chinese tea
    trucks and insurance
    Ozone

I agree. I think that maybe there were 40-50ish experimental questions that they sprinkled into experimental sections. It seems like everyone has some but not necessarily total overlap of questions! I for one am certain I didn’t have tomato’s, Europa, zebras, Mars, lions, children necks, risky behavior and SUVs, or sticklefish but I did have bleached coral, truck insurance, stars in distant galaxy, whales, and pollution/rain.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@SuperMario929 said:

I agree. I think that maybe there were 40-50ish experimental questions that they sprinkled into experimental sections. It seems like everyone has some but not necessarily total overlap of questions! I for one am certain I didn’t have tomato’s, Europa, zebras, Mars, lions, children necks, risky behavior and SUVs, or sticklefish but I did have bleached coral, truck insurance, stars in distant galaxy, whales, and pollution/rain.

Exactly. Usually, we all have the experimental figured out by now. But there are sections where we have the same questions and totally different ones sprinkled in that the other didn't have. Been going through Reddit and it's the same story. They had to have mixed the experimental this year in with the real.

• tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
    125 karma

can someone explain how close 7sage digital practice is in comparison to the real test please?
    thanks!

• 142 karma

For those who took the digital lsat, would you say that there were any noticeable differences from the digital test beta here on 7sage? Just super nervous about my September lsat😭 Thank you!!

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Just dropping by to wish everyone the best! Remember you are NOT your score, and how you feel about how you did is NOT always accurate. The test is over and take some well earned relaxation time!!

Thanks sooo much, appreciate your well wishes and insight!!!!

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

@avandermillen said:
    What did everyone think of the LG section today? I felt surprisingly good about it (LG is my worst section by far) and was wondering other peoples perspectives?

Similar experience here. I struggle with LG and felt pretty confident yesterday. I never attempt all the questions in the section, I usually end up saving game 3 for last and make as many inferences as I can before time runs out. I stuck to that strategy and it felt like I had plenty of time to get through games 1, 2 and 4. This section wrecked me in March so it felt great to have a different experience.

• WLBgoes2lawWLBgoes2law Alum Member
    22 karma

@MichaelScottRegionalManager said:
    For those who took the digital lsat, would you say that there were any noticeable differences from the digital test beta here on 7sage? Just super nervous about my September lsat😭 Thank you!!

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well the beta version matched the real digital format! The LSAC gave out a scratch book, on the back of which had cheat sheet instructions on how to use the system. They also give a 5 minute mini-tutorial before the exam starts. If you’ve been using beta, it’ll feel almost the exact same.

The one thing I noticed that the beta DOESNT have which the real test DOES is if a questions asks about a particular phrase or line in the passage, it highlights the phrase as to make finding it a 2 second task! Great feature that helped me save time.

• LanecahaLanecaha Alum Member
    27 karma

Anyone else feel pummeled by the RC section? I had to guess on pretty much every question from the last passage (ran out of time) and didn't feel great about my answers to the others. My brain was totally fried by the time we got to section 5. Wondering if others experienced this or if I just need to work on RC???

103 karma

@mattsoto said:

@MichaelTX said:

In LR I DID have:
    Lemur/oppsoing thumbs
    Stickle fish experiment
    Sperm whales
    Acidic sea water
    bleached coral
    Green tomatoes

In LR I DID NOT have:
    Zebra
    English trade
    Haunted House
    Napolean
    Arsenic
    Chinese tea
    trucks and insurance
    Ozone

I wish I could remember....at my age I am just proud that I remembered that info at all, let alone what section it was! I am pretty certain it was one of the last two sections, not the first for sure.

103 karma

@hzheng73 said:

@TaylorJones said:

I didn't remember getting this question so prob it was experimental

That sucks because I recall that being an easier question.

3106 karma

Curious to get feedback about how everyone approached the history comparative passage

Did you use JYs method of reading passage A, going to questions to eliminate accordingly, and then returning to Passage B before attempting questions?

That’s what I did and it helped me at least get to 50-50 guessing range

I haven’t ever deviated from this strategy

Did everyone else do the same? Do you find this strategy helpful overall for comparative passages?

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    edited July 2019 111 karma

Digital, LR LG LR LR RC. The first LR and RC comparative felt brutal.

Anyone else dislike the digital version? In particular, I wasn't very fond of low sensitivity when using the underlining or highlighting tools. I had to on several instances, hammer down the stylus onto the screen to get a response.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    edited July 2019 1810 karma

More thoughts after restless sleep. I'm deeply embarrassed, but I have to come to terms with the fact that I let my nerves get the better of me for LG (my first section). I made the games harder than they were (especially Game 1, getting caught up on the idea of the rooms being adjacent) and I'd give anything to have another pass at them. But please tell me not to cry and beat myself up. The good news is that I do feel like my performance in the other sections was my best ever. I am encouraged that I actually felt the extra time that the digital affords (a Round 2 for RC, what?). I have to give another shout-out to JY's strategy for the comparative passages! I was able to pull off doing a first pass at the questions before reading Passage B with the tablet, and it helped a TON. Many thanks to JY for this ass-saving technique. Any doubters should rethink! I think I had more confidence to try it because it was Passage 2 with so much time left on the clock. And for once, the passages were more centered on culture/humanities than hard science, so thank you, LSAT gods, for that. And thanks to my mom for taking me to Paris, where we stayed at the Hotel du Louvre soon after the pyramids went up! I do think there was more than one experimental LR because I had 3 and nothing at all about any haunted house, for sure nothing about Napoleon. I think I had the same test as @mattsoto. For those keeping track, here's a list of LR content I remember having (I looked at Reddit for prompts, but remember all of these distinctly):

lemurs/primates from Madagascar
    chimpanzee not dying after opening a cage (trial and error)
    stickle fish follow the group (lead by healthy looking fake stickle fish)
    whales using echolocation for deep versus surface diving
    Europa (moon of Jupiter) craters being erased
    advanced econometrics/statistics class (tricky)
    turtles and acidic water
    bleached coral
    green tomatoes/taste
    cougars surviving better than lions
    dinosaurs, bird feathers, and dirt clumps (super hard, no idea what was going on here)
    hunter/gatherers using fire to clear large patches of land
    rats causing sweating sickness (fucking gross)
    gene that allows people to digest lactose
    can't travel back to ancient Greece (Plato)
    trees being planted in cities to lower temperature
    political parties and ideologies
    traditional lightbulbs vs. fluorescent and mercury
    universities not sharing students’ grades
    volcano likely to erupt in autumn

And there was a doozy of a parallel flaw, which I thankfully slayed on Round 2. I remember mapping it as something like: If A or B then C, if C or D then E. Therefore sometimes E and not B or some crazy shit like that. My brain hurts, and I'm taking at least 2 weeks off. But I'm pretty sure I'll take the October exam, for any of my homies that want to regroup and recharge in a month or so...talk to you then.

• nicksoriano74nicksoriano74 Member
    edited July 2019 9 karma

I Had 3LR, 1LG, 1RC. I hated using the tablet, I've been practicing on several paper practice exams & the tablet completely through me off. I like to leave notes in the margins and separate the premises and conclusions in LR and the Stylus tool didn't help. I had to drag the pen a couple of time to highlight one sentence, which would take several seconds off the clock to answer the questions & staring at the tablet for 3 hours left me with a headache at the beginning of the 5th section. Then all of a sudden,I had a splitting headache driving home with the sun gazing down on me, don't know if I should plead for a paper exam on the September lsat, or get a new prescription for my glasses; either way I left frustrated when the test was over. Theres no way LSAC expects to get better scores out of these tablets because I could have not been the only person to get a headache staring at a computer screen for 3 hours.